What should we get for losing the day after Thanksgiving??

Bottom rung

1. Not gonna happen.

2. Why would you get holiday pay when the day is no longer a holiday?

3. This is the most likely option.
It's a holiday. Just because the company doesn't want it to be doesn't mean they can change it. I say triple time plus holiday pay.
Most people don't work friday. It's a holiday. Lots of places closed yesterday, we shouldn't have worked either.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's a holiday. Just because the company doesn't want it to be doesn't mean they can change it. I say triple time plus holiday pay.
Most people don't work friday. It's a holiday. Lots of places closed yesterday, we shouldn't have worked either.

Schools, banks and the government were closed---everyone else was open.

Black Friday is NOT a holiday!

babboo25

Banned
It was NEVER a holiday in the 30 years I worked. (1971 to 2001) I know because being a Veteran I was always :censored2: that my wife got it off because she worked for the State and I didn't. There were a few states out east that had Veterans day and Columbus day off I believe.
Was traded here for day after Thanksgiving, not sure what year.

Fullhouse

Well let us ask for this, "all" contractual violations = 8 hr pay! In doing so we will see just how bad they want it!
Let's see how they like to receive discipline! Not all roads are one way!

gatorkev85

I don't understand why I can't just be an open shift. It's not like they wouldn't get 400 plus people to show for the OT they'd get. Same thing with the possible Saturday ground create an open shift and allow anyone to come in. Also with Black Friday still in the contract as a day off can they write you up for calling out?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I don't understand why I can't just be an open shift. It's not like they wouldn't get 400 plus people to show for the OT they'd get. Same thing with the possible Saturday ground create an open shift and allow anyone to come in. Also with Black Friday still in the contract as a day off can they write you up for calling out?
There is this provision is the Contract that provides that "past practice" can be used to force UPS to provide the same provisions to anyone else.

That is why UPS does not make many exceptions from the rules.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Both the Union and Company signed off on the deal that we will work on Black Friday.

Would you prefer that the Union spend the money to reprint and redistribute the contract booklets due to this one contract language change/amendment?

wayfair

swollen member
Both the Union and Company signed off on the deal that we will work on Black Friday.

Would you prefer that the Union spend the money to reprint and redistribute the contract booklets due to this one contract language change/amendment?
I'm not working and will still receive holiday pay.