What should we get for losing the day after Thanksgiving??

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
sucks to be them but their day will come
In my opinion option days should always trump single vacation days.

Getting Fridays off was always kind of rough but I could usually get the day off before we started allowing people to split up weeks.

10+ years in and it's harder for me to get a three weekend now than it was 5-6 years ago.

rod

Retired 22 years
In my opinion option days should always trump single vacation days.

Getting Fridays off was always kind of rough but I could usually get the day off before we started allowing people to split up weeks.

10+ years in and it's harder for me to get a three weekend now than it was 5-6 years ago.

I was under the assumption that everyone just called in sick like it was no big deal for a 3 day weekend now days. Am I wrong?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The problem with option days is, just because you request a day off, doesn't mean you get it.
It's all in how you look at it.

I always "get" my option days by operating under this one simple premise, that is predicated on an otherwise good attendance record and financial stability:

I tell my supervisors: "that option part is whether you pay me or not, because I'm not coming in either way".

After a couple of times, they now tend to pay me, so they don't have to endure the same scenario at a later date.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why say you are going to lose the day? Man up!
We already lost the day (time off), but I agree, in a way.

Being "forced in" for the past 2 years, where I made 3 days pay in one, I used this day to take a different day off at my discretion, maybe two.
It only takes a quick phone call to facilitate it.

Now if they negotiate away the double time, then I want something.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why assume we can't get what we want? Screw them. They are making billions. If you really want something, fight for it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We already lost the day (time off), but I agree, in a way.

Being "forced in" for the past 2 years, where I made 3 days pay in one, I used this day to take a different day off at my discretion, maybe two.
It only takes a quick phone call to facilitate it.

Now if they negotiate away the double time, then I want something.
I think that's what the op meant. Highly unlikely that we keep the double time pay.

So what day will we get off in return.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I'm surprised we don't get MLK day off.I'll take the day after the Super Bowl.Then I don't have to burn a sick day.