What was your last two jobs before UPS?

pudg00

pudg00
My next question is. Did anyone pay for benefits and if so how much? Please add to response. I paid $125.00 a week for my family in CA.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
My next question is. Did anyone pay for benefits and if so how much? Please add to response. I paid $125.00 a week for my family in CA.

Only reason I'm at UPS is for the benefits. I could not afford benefits that cost more than my mortgage. And I don't have a small mortgage.

Dagoof

I bagged groceries for tips only in Guam
Hotel security guarding the beach would have been nicer if we didnt have to wear long pants shirts and ties

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My sister works for the Air Force. She says our benifits are almost as good. Only thing is we paid for her tummie tuck.

Your sister enlisted in the Air Force. Yes, the benefits are comparable; however, medical care in the military does not compare to the medical care that we have access to.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Only reason I'm at UPS is for the benefits. I could not afford benefits that cost more than my mortgage. And I don't have a small mortgage.
Auto parts delivery (NAPA)
Installed pool plumbing/electric
School bus driver (most fun) I did all of these while I was part time at UPS.

My last full time gigs were Driving a straight truck for a tile company and a scaffolding company.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Your sister enlisted in the Air Force. Yes, the benefits are comparable; however, medical care in the military does not compare to the medical care that we have access to.

I don't want to contradict or offend you, UpState, but the Services do have civilian support personnel. I've applied for several jobs in civilian roles nationwide, including on Air Force bases. I haven't had any interviews with them but they do exist. How well they pay is unknown to me beyond the ranges posted with the announcements but they look OK. The benefits look like the usual federal package. -Rocky

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
1. Greens keeper on a private golf course in Missouri. 5 Years
2. Service manger for a local Motorcycle/ATV store. 14 Years (Louisiana) <---- Worst job ever!

I was paying approx. $135.00 every two weeks for health insurance!

pudg00

pudg00
Sorry, sis. is civ. brother in-law retired. UPS benefits are good compared to others. Most important is no money out of my check!!!

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
  1. A technician for a Ford dealer
  2. A technician for a Chevrolet dealer
  3. Paid $67.00 per week for single (Blue Cross) @ the Ford dealer
  4. Paid $75.00 per week for single (Blue Cross) @ the Chevrolet dealer
  5. Started work @ UPS and I pay $0.00 Per week for Family plan:happy-very: