What would you like to see in the next contract?

Overpaid Union Thug

And all members, should be required to vote....

Before receiving Union negotiated benefits.

That would "weed out" the company POS's.

-Bug-

Maybe they should have their own pay and benefits scale that's negotiated between them and the company? I'd like to see that. We could rest assured that most of them would eventually join up.

The Milkman

I understand his point.

But, it seems he didn't ask enough questions before he retired.

At the very least.... read the SPD (Summary Plan Description).

-Bug-
Ask enough questions? You must be kidding me. I was on the traditional plan for many many years, then along comes Ups with new plans that they want us to switch to. Mail order drugs free,$5 brand at Cvs etc, $0 generic, 10% copayment on approved medical instead of 20%, no medical deductibles if you go to plan doctors. The BIG SELLING POINT FOR ME WAS...That when We(177) retired we get dental and vision which we would not of had if we did not switch..no brainer. We were told we would have to pay $50 monthly and we had to be on this PLAN FOR 4 YEARS BEFORE WE RETIRE. So YES I. Knew what I was getting into when I switched plans. Anyone with half a brain would of done the same, and many,many did only to NOW HAVE UPS TAKE AWAY FROM US WHAT WE WERE TOLD IN GOOD FAITH YEARS AGO. How would You feel? I know I know Ups does what they want and this is an example of how Ups does things. Next contract should really be an eye opener for sure, I will be patiently waiting to see the uproar on this forum when things go south for future Retirees like myself who were dumb enough to believe like me that Ups would keep their word and actually show that they care about their employees ..oops I mean numbers. But sure enough Ups will present a check to United away or send a plane for disaster relief somewhere to show society that they are a caring company. What a Joke!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Ask enough questions? You must be kidding me. I was on the traditional plan for many many years, then along comes Ups with new plans that they want us to switch to. Mail order drugs free,$5 brand at Cvs etc, $0 generic, 10% copayment on approved medical instead of 20%, no medical deductibles if you go to plan doctors. The BIG SELLING POINT FOR ME WAS...That when We(177) retired we get dental and vision which we would not of had if we did not switch..no brainer. We were told we would have to pay $50 monthly and we had to be on this PLAN FOR 4 YEARS BEFORE WE RETIRE. So YES I. Knew what I was getting into when I switched plans. Anyone with half a brain would of done the same, and many,many did only to NOW HAVE UPS TAKE AWAY FROM US WHAT WE WERE TOLD IN GOOD FAITH YEARS AGO. How would You feel? I know I know Ups does what they want and this is an example of how Ups does things. Next contract should really be an eye opener for sure, I will be patiently waiting to see the uproar on this forum when things go south for future Retirees like myself who were dumb enough to believe like me that Ups would keep their word and actually show that they care about their employees ..oops I mean numbers. But sure enough Ups will present a check to United away or send a plane for disaster relief somewhere to show society that they are a caring company. What a Joke!
My health insurance is covered by my union local, not UPS. So much for that great UPS insurance everyone wanted to keep.

The Milkman

I understand his point.

But, it seems he didn't ask enough questions before he retired.

At the very least.... read the SPD (Summary Plan Description).

-Bug-
Retired 1/1/08 and left with all the information given me and yes I did read my benefits booklet which explained my benefits exactly the way I had them for more than 4 yrs , so I knew how they worked and they were to cross over into retirement just only had to pay $50 monthly...that was the only difference ..no changes , exactly as if I was still working, very simple thing to grasp, that is why many of us feel like we got the shaft even though Ups continues to make billions yr after yr. At least keep the benefits the same those currently retired until they get on SS

Packmule

I still want to see "out of sight, out of weather" eliminated on driver release. Mark my word, sooner or later we are going to see thousands of drivers accused of theft cause we walked into someone's garage, shed or car.

EmraldArcher

I still want to see "out of sight, out of weather" eliminated on driver release. Mark my word, sooner or later we are going to see thousands of drivers accused of theft cause we walked into someone's garage, shed or car.

Why would you ever go into someone's garage, shed or car, ESPECIALLY if they're not there?

Packmule

Exactly. But what happens when management decides you are paying for the missing pkg because the front porch didn't get it out of sight?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yawn. I put packages in people's kitchens. Sometimes I even grab a cookie and a glass of milk.

oldngray

nowhere special
darwin-award-food.jpg