What would you like to see in the next contract?

[quote"BigUnionGuy, post: 1346416, member: 4992"]Correct me if I am wrong....

108 inches in length.

130 inches in girth.

Has this changed ?? :biggrin:

-Bug-[/quote]
That Is the current standard. I believe they make a limited exception, for a few shippers!

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Is that an attempt.... to insult the members of my Local ??

-Bug-

Well you insulted my friend by saying that he didn't do his homework when he retired. What makes you think he didn't do his homework? He stated correctly what has happened and I know for a fact he did because I did the exact same thing he did and I did my homework. It was an easy decision to do what we did. We couldn't predict that UPS would take away our benefit package.

You take it as you like, but don't insult MY local and not expect to receive any retaliation for your insanely stupid comment.

oldngray

nowhere special
[quote"BigUnionGuy, post: 1346416, member: 4992"]Correct me if I am wrong....

108 inches in length.

130 inches in girth.

-Bug-
That Is the current standard. I believe they make a limited exception, for a few shippers![/quote]

rod

Retired 22 years
Correct me if I am wrong....

108 inches in length.

130 inches in girth.

*Do you remember carrying a chain.... with the 2 bells ?*

-Bug-

When I first started I believe it was 108" in length and girth combined. Also WAY back then the weight limit was 50lbs. per package and you couldn't ship more than two 50 pounders from the same company to the same consignee per day. And you could wear a cute black plastic clip-on bowtie if you wanted too. I still have a half a dozen measuring chains in a drawer in my shop -----don't know why- but I do.

oldngray

nowhere special
When I first started I believe it was 108" in length and girth combined. Also WAY back then the weight limit was 50lbs. per package and you couldn't ship more than two 50 pounders from the same company to the same consignee per day. And you could wear a cute black plastic clip-on bowtie if you wanted too. I still have a half a dozen measuring chains in a drawer in my shop -----don't know why- but I do.

The 100 pound max per daily shipment was only interstate and not intrastate. Or I think it was that way but might have been the opposite.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Well you insulted my friend by saying that he didn't do his homework when he retired.

Then what is he crying about ??

What makes you think he didn't do his homework? He stated correctly what has happened and I know for a fact he did because I did the exact same thing he did and I did my homework.

And you "both" read the SPD.

And were able to comprehend it.

OK.

It was an easy decision to do what we did. We couldn't predict that UPS would take away our benefit package.

Ah....

Worked long enough for UPS, and retired.

And believed UPS cared about you.

That says a lot.

You take it as you like, but don't insult MY local and not expect to receive any retaliation for your insanely stupid comment.

Yeah.... Ouch.

Retaliation on BrownCafe.

Pfft.

-Bug-

* This Forum.... is No longer worth my time *

Packmule

Yawn. I put packages in people's kitchens. Sometimes I even grab a cookie and a glass of milk.
True. I have keys to their front doors and codes for their garage. "They" happen to be customers I know well, however, and obviously have their authorization to use these things. It's the people I don't know and who have NOT given me permission to get into these places that worry me.