Whatd'yabringmetoday

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think it is time to clear the air about Whatd'yabringmetoday. I do get to work about 30-45 minutes early. I do get EDD and go through it to make sure that what is in EDD should be on the car as our dispatch sup, although he does try, is not the best that I have seen at that position. I will show him pkgs that are in my EDD that should not be, including NDA, but rather than change it in the system he just changes the lane number. I get to work this early because our center manager will let us go if our cars are wrapped, sometimes as early as 15 mins. If my regular loader is there I don't have to touch a pkg; however, if he is not I end up helping his replacement close out the pkg car and, at times, I do help out more than that, although I have worked hard on staying out of the pkg car. I do not set my pkg car up stop for stop as I have my EDD setup stop for stop. I have had customer service issues in the past but have worked on hard on reducing these and have been complimented on doing so. I do not know what his agenda is here and don't really care. I come here to enjoy myself, to interact with others who know what we go through, not to be attacked. Am I the most popular guy in the bldg? No, not by a long shot. Do I care? No. They all think I run all day--they don't have a clue. I just happen to have an EDD that is stop for stop, a loader who is the best in the bldg, and a good memory and solid work ethic and I don't sit an BS at every stop. I am usually taking my lunch and break at my condo by 3:15/3:30 each day. Could I work on my customer service skills? Absolutely and I think that I have but I also know that more work needs to be done in that area. My problem is I don't think before I speak and I tend to get too caught up in the job. If my on car asks me a favor I will do it for him. If he asks me to run off a pkg on my way home, or to call another driver in the afternoon to see if he needs help, or whatever it may be I will do it for him as I respect him and know that he wouldn't ask me to do anything that he wouldn't do himself. I do not have the same level of respect for our dispatch sup and center manager, but do respect their positions. I have absolutely no use for any of our OMS clerks, Clueless, Useless and 6 Week Wonder.

I don't have a clue who you are and don't really care. All I am asking is that you respect the time that I spend here. This is my way of winding down at night. If you have a personal beef with me, you know where to find me--I will be sitting at the picnic table. If not, leave me alone. Please. Dave.

P.S. Tex--hope you are doing well--miss you.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
5000th post

1847-gif.11866

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: Upstate's 5,000th post - What'll it be

Good morning all. I actually fell asleep watching the rain delayed (2 hour) Yankees/Red Sox game.

5000 posts? It's been a fun run thus far.

I will start by saying that I have learned a few things here and hope that others may have learned something from me. While we all perform the same job (basically), it is amazing just how different the conditions and policies are from region to region, even from center to center. STUG referred to centers as franchises. STUG is a perfect example of how an excellent employee has had his perspective changed due to the short sightedness of a supervisor, which is a shame as he brought his personality to work, and what could be wrong with that?

Whatdy'abringmetoday thinks he knows me but hasn't a clue. UPS is my career and the extra effort that I bring to the table each day reflect this. I have never been a "good enough" or "just enough" type of person and while that may be used to make fun of me it is just the way that I approach all that I do.

I respect the zeal with which 705red pursues his Union activities and protects the interests of those members within his stewardship but he must realize that the Union is not the "be all, end all" that he makes it out to be. It is possible for 2 adults to rationally sit down and discuss issues without having to introduce a flurry of paperwork.

LTD/BBAG/20PLUS (or whatever name he is going by this week) also hasn't a clue and is barely worth the effort that it took to type this sentence.

I enjoy the friendship I have developed with Dilligaf and Trplnkl. Dilli brings compassion and common sense to whatever thread she responds to while Tex keeps me in line with his good old fashioned Texas common sense. I will most miss not getting to meet both of you on the cruise.:happy2:

Hoax brings a wealth of experience (if you can filter through the cynicism/sarcasm) and is a valuable asset here as he brings a side of the discussion that most of us aren't privy to and is also able to relate stories from his time spent in operations.

The boys from Massachusetts (Over and Cove) bring back memories of my childhood spent in RI and MA.

Drewed tries and I have to give him credit for that but he has soooooo much to learn.

I would have been honored to have worked in a center run by UPS Lifer. His balance of common sense and compassion, combined with the need to put his size 10 1/2 where the sun don't shine if needed, make him an effective leader who produces the desired results without the verbal brow beating most of us are used to in a center manager.

DS, Scratch, Moreluck and helenofcalifornia all bring something special to the table and all are valued members of this forum and I look forward to their posts.

Britney brings comic relief to the threads that she responds to.

Rocketman (Elton) sits at his computer laughing his butt off as he portrays this online persona that is so far removed from who he really is.

There are many, many others I would like to mention but I still have to get ready for work.

I enjoy my time here and try not to offend. I would hope that I am not only known as the grammar/spelling police (but, my God, please use preview post before hitting submit reply). I do hope that at least a few of my posts have been helpful.

I wish I was going on the cruise but my cruise is sitting in my basement (new washer/dryer) and in other renovations to my condo.

I am not going anywhere. I will continue to post my beliefs, favorable or not. I do realize that I come off as condescending at times and for that I apologize.

Dave.

Sorry ... this better?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I think it is time to clear the air about Whatd'yabringmetoday. I do get to work about 30-45 minutes early. I do get EDD and go through it to make sure that what is in EDD should be on the car as our dispatch sup, although he does try, is not the best that I have seen at that position. I will show him pkgs that are in my EDD that should not be, including NDA, but rather than change it in the system he just changes the lane number.

I get to work this early because our center manager will let us go if our cars are wrapped, sometimes as early as 15 mins. If my regular loader is there I don't have to touch a pkg; however, if he is not I end up helping his replacement close out the pkg car and, at times, I do help out more than that, although I have worked hard on staying out of the pkg car. I do not set my pkg car up stop for stop as I have my EDD setup stop for stop.

I have had customer service issues in the past but have worked on hard on reducing these and have been complimented on doing so. I do not know what his agenda is here and don't really care. I come here to enjoy myself, to interact with others who know what we go through, not to be attacked.

Am I the most popular guy in the bldg? No, not by a long shot. Do I care? No. They all think I run all day--they don't have a clue. I just happen to have an EDD that is stop for stop, a loader who is the best in the bldg, and a good memory and solid work ethic and I don't sit an BS at every stop. I am usually taking my lunch and break at my condo by 3:15/3:30 each day. Could I work on my customer service skills? Absolutely and I think that I have but I also know that more work needs to be done in that area.

My problem is I don't think before I speak and I tend to get too caught up in the job. If my on car asks me a favor I will do it for him. If he asks me to run off a pkg on my way home, or to call another driver in the afternoon to see if he needs help, or whatever it may be I will do it for him as I respect him and know that he wouldn't ask me to do anything that he wouldn't do himself. I do not have the same level of respect for our dispatch sup and center manager, but do respect their positions. I have absolutely no use for any of our OMS clerks, Clueless, Useless and 6 Week Wonder.

I don't have a clue who you are and don't really care. All I am asking is that you respect the time that I spend here. This is my way of winding down at night. If you have a personal beef with me, you know where to find me--I will be sitting at the picnic table. If not, leave me alone. Please. Dave.

Sorry, it had to be done.:wink2:

Getting better I think UpState, hopefully I will get well enough to go back to work before too long. I too miss some of the interactions many of us have had on here. Lately it's gotten to where every thread becomes a slam fest and frankly that isn't as much fun. It's hard to have a decent conversion or debate with people that flat out lie, twist the truth and ignore facts simply to try to "win" an argument. The people that demand "honesty, yet have no integrity themselves and then try to bate someone into disagreeing with them are the ones that hols no attraction from me. This is sad too as I enjoy conversing with the majority of posters on this board. I try really hard not to impune anyone's personality and when I find myself doing so, I have to take a break but sometimes it just has to be done. That's it for now.

BTW, good post. I look forward to post 7K.

NHDRVR

I think it is time to clear the air about Whatd'yabringmetoday. I do get to work about 30-45 minutes early. I do get EDD and go through it to make sure that what is in EDD should be on the car as our dispatch sup, although he does try, is not the best that I have seen at that position. I will show him pkgs that are in my EDD that should not be, including NDA, but rather than change it in the system he just changes the lane number. I get to work this early because our center manager will let us go if our cars are wrapped, sometimes as early as 15 mins. If my regular loader is there I don't have to touch a pkg; however, if he is not I end up helping his replacement close out the pkg car and, at times, I do help out more than that, although I have worked hard on staying out of the pkg car. I do not set my pkg car up stop for stop as I have my EDD setup stop for stop. I have had customer service issues in the past but have worked on hard on reducing these and have been complimented on doing so. I do not know what his agenda is here and don't really care. I come here to enjoy myself, to interact with others who know what we go through, not to be attacked. Am I the most popular guy in the bldg? No, not by a long shot. Do I care? No. They all think I run all day--they don't have a clue. I just happen to have an EDD that is stop for stop, a loader who is the best in the bldg, and a good memory and solid work ethic and I don't sit an BS at every stop. I am usually taking my lunch and break at my condo by 3:15/3:30 each day. Could I work on my customer service skills? Absolutely and I think that I have but I also know that more work needs to be done in that area. My problem is I don't think before I speak and I tend to get too caught up in the job. If my on car asks me a favor I will do it for him. If he asks me to run off a pkg on my way home, or to call another driver in the afternoon to see if he needs help, or whatever it may be I will do it for him as I respect him and know that he wouldn't ask me to do anything that he wouldn't do himself. I do not have the same level of respect for our dispatch sup and center manager, but do respect their positions. I have absolutely no use for any of our OMS clerks, Clueless, Useless and 6 Week Wonder.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Getting better I think UpState, hopefully I will get well enough to go back to work before too long. I too miss some of the interactions many of us have had on here. Lately it's gotten to where every thread becomes a slam fest and frankly that isn't as much fun. It's hard to have a decent conversion or debate with people that flat out lie, twist the truth and ignore facts simply to try to "win" an argument. The people that demand "honesty, yet have no integrity themselves and then try to bate someone into disagreeing with them are the ones that hols no attraction from me. This is sad too as I enjoy conversing with the majority of posters on this board. I try really hard not to impune anyone's personality and when I find myself doing so, I have to take a break but sometimes it just has to be done. That's it for now.

BTW, good post. I look forward to post 7K.
Well then, I guess we'll here from you next week.:surprised: