What's the current UPS package delivery driver pay progression?

novadriver

(c) The progression for employees entering a package car driving, feeder or other full-time job (other than an air driver or a job cov- ered by Section 3 below) after August 1, 2013 shall be as follows:

Start. 18.75
Seniority. 18.75
Twelve (12) months 19.50
Twenty-four (24) months 21.00
Thirty-six (36) months 25.00
Forty-eight (48) months top rate

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/...fied-under-new-contract.368286/#ixzz3zeyC8iz0
The new contract is 5yrs to top pay!

sppollock

Drake, P&D is UPS freight and not UPS small package, they normally don't hire off the street, you normally have to start as a part time worker loading and/or unloading trucks and work you way into a delivery driver position then it is up to seniority to see who goes to drive the big trucks(feeder).

At UPS Freight you need a CDL with all endorsements to start out and you normally work as a Dock/CDL driver meaning you load/unload our trucks and drive if needed.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is it me, or is all the giving on our side? Any progression less than one year is too long.

ManInBrown

Four years to full rate is a joke. And unfortunately I have a feeling it's only going to get longer. I feel this is one issue the union CANNOT cave on. What's next? 5-7 years for full rate. That's ridiculous

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Four years to full rate is a joke. And unfortunately I have a feeling it's only going to get longer. I feel this is one issue the union CANNOT cave on. What's next? 5-7 years for full rate. That's ridiculous

What's next? Two-tiered wages for drivers with a lower top out and longer progression.

Mr. Marshall

The four year progression rate for driver is not that bad. We have people getting driver jobs in our building who are 21 or 22 years old so in four years or less than college they will be making $80K. The bigger problem and completely ignored problem is the four years for new hires until they get on the regular raise schedule. While we will be enjoying the $1.00 raise next (split into two parts albeit) someone who has worked here only 3 years PT will only get .50 cents and they are the ones who need it most. The next contract should be geared almost entirely to bumping up part-time pay. At a certain point full-timers need to be careful about making too much money because when tough times come nobody will fee sorry for someone making as much as we do.

The four year progression rate for driver is not that bad. We have people getting driver jobs in our building who are 21 or 22 years old so in four years or less than college they will be making $80K. The bigger problem and completely ignored problem is the four years for new hires until they get on the regular raise schedule. While we will be enjoying the $1.00 raise next (split into two parts albeit) someone who has worked here only 3 years PT will only get .50 cents and they are the ones who need it most. The next contract should be geared almost entirely to bumping up part-time pay. At a certain point full-timers need to be careful about making too much money because when tough times come nobody will fee sorry for someone making as much as we do.
The part timers do not vote. That's why they get the shaft.