What's the proper procedure when u can't find a package?

watdaflock?

Especially if it's early in the route. Do u go to the communications button on the diad and a message back to the center that it's not found on truck or do u just continue on and hope to find it later. Then if u do send a message not found and then find it later do u have to go back and deliver it or can u just leave it on truck?
Send a message blaming it on your preloader.

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
Message back to the center, give them the tracking number then 20 minutes later when you find it face down 3 deep on the floor send another message that you found it

By The Book

Especially if it's early in the route. Do u go to the communications button on the diad and a message back to the center that it's not found on truck or do u just continue on and hope to find it later. Then if u do send a message not found and then find it later do u have to go back and deliver it or can u just leave it on truck?
We were told to send in a message at the stop where you were missing the pkg. In the communications screen 6..3..1 then missing pkg. then type in address of the pkg. There's no need to send in a message letting them know you found it later if you deliver it. It's a given we deliver every package on the truck unless we can't and then we notify the center team when this happens.
Although you do make a valid point, I prefer to delete it right away and only worry about it if I do find it later in the day.
I think it's bad advice to use the not found function for a pkg. Its your reminder that it's missing.
Did not know that. Thanks for the tip. It sucks having to write down the tracking number only to have to reenter it.
There's no need to write down the tracking number when you don't delete it, that way you don't have to reenter it when you do find it later.
spend 10 minutes digging, finally give up and move on. find package in wrong section 30 mins later. curse.

i set it as not found under details so it comes off the board and off orion, and thats it. hope not to find it later, if i do then it has to get delivered. never have sent a msg or have been told to or heard of anyone sending a msg for a missing pkg
If your center has never told you guys to send messages for this is hard to believe. Do me a favor and ask your on road supervisor what the procedure is for this. I'm sure you have a procedure for misloaded pks for another route, it doesn't make sense there isn't one for missing pkgs.

Duckydad

We were told to hit not found, then if found later, re-attempt if less than 20 miles round trip or NDA OR GREATER SERVICE LEVEL (we have routes with early AM commit times of 14:00) must be attempted.

I did a route today that was 65 stops, 299 miles. Got to drive the 2016 friend-250.

davidix

I just out it as nf and send a message to the center with the last 4 of the z#

If I find it later I deliver it after I throw a few choice towards my preloader.

barnyard

KTM rider
I send a message to the OMS with the HIN. OMS sends a message to the car on either side in the lineup and asks those drivers to look for the HIN. 9 times out of 10, that solves it.

I never used to send in 'cannot find messages' until someone posted a similar thread 2ish years ago. There was something in that thread about CYA and all that, so I started sending in a message. It has gotten some misloads found early enough in the day that we made service on them. It is a pain in the rear, but whatever.