When will fed ex pass ups in volume and earnings?

onehandsolo

Fed Ex continues to grow its ground volume and there earnings. I remember when fed ex would cherry pick a lot of UPS accounts. At some point they will experience some growing pains, but they may eventually catch UPS

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Fed Ex continues to grow its ground volume and there earnings. I remember when fed ex would cherry pick a lot of UPS accounts. At some point they will experience some growing pains, but they may eventually catch UPS
image.jpg

Coalminer2005

The problem with Fedex is they are directly driven by the market. They have no real assets and are extended out on borrowed money and for whatever reason Wall Street loves this. There trying to expand and compete with UPS. It will catch up with them eventually. UPS is built for the long hall and make sound and less risky business decisions.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
finding more than enough reason for doing online ordering .RIGHT NOW on the internet Fed ex ground is the cheapest way to get my object from a to b I the consumer never see the homeless looking deadly driver ....i see less $$$

UPSGUY72

That isn't going happen. If Fed Ex employee got paid what UPS employees do Fed Ex wouldn't be making money.

ManInBrown

That isn't going happen. If Fed Ex employee got paid what UPS employees do Fed Ex wouldn't be making money.
Exactly. That's the only reason they are profitable. That's why the teamsters and UPS wanted to level the playing field. They would be out of business if the RLA ever got overturned. The stock is thru the roof because they treat the employees like garbage. Fred S has said it himself. If the union ever broke thru he would shut the doors on the place. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I could have sworn he has said that in the past

MAKAVELI

Exactly. That's the only reason they are profitable. That's why the teamsters and UPS wanted to level the playing field. They would be out of business if the RLA ever got overturned. The stock is thru the roof because they treat the employees like garbage. Fred S has said it himself. If the union ever broke thru he would shut the doors on the place. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I could have sworn he has said that in the past
He did say that, but it is an empty threat. He does not have the power to shut the doors. He gave that up when Federal Express became FedEx Corporation.

TUT

First they all say things like that, sends fear to the current work force. But I believe you are quoting something in the lines he'd hire a bunch of illegals the next day if it happens. There are pluses and minuses, the difference is UPS drivers vs Fedex drivers, white collar the same, station workers more the same. So it isn't everyone. What additional costs Fedex would have, they then get to save on their current doubling up drivers/equipment, higher turnover, a ground network where you have to negotiate with vs simply direct drivers where to go and they would gain some additional business being more unified. But from my experiences, every owner that isn't union will always over play how damaging a union would be to the company, live in absolute fear of a union, in Fedexs case there would be some benefits to help offset new benifits and it isn't like you just get everything UPS has day 1.