When will fed ex pass ups in volume and earnings?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by onehandsolo, Jun 27, 2015.

1. onehandsolo

onehandsolo Active Member

Fed Ex continues to grow its ground volume and there earnings. I remember when fed ex would cherry pick a lot of UPS accounts. At some point they will experience some growing pains, but they may eventually catch UPS
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Box Ox

Box Ox Would rather be driving an E-frame

Won't be long if they keep letting their drivers make their own decisions. Let's hope they decide they want their own ORION too.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

august 1st, 2018
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Hopefully soon, I'm tired of working 12 hour days.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Just lay me off for a few weeks.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Darn, that was the date I was going to pick!
  8. onehandsolo

onehandsolo Active Member

All ups employees should buy fed ex stock as an insurance policy for August 01 2018
  9. Why so serious

Why so serious Active Member

The problem with Fedex is they are directly driven by the market. They have no real assets and are extended out on borrowed money and for whatever reason Wall Street loves this. There trying to expand and compete with UPS. It will catch up with them eventually. UPS is built for the long hall and make sound and less risky business decisions.
  10. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

Fed-ex ground was built on Un-desired freight...
  11. Why so serious

Must be tough for those guys. Ground and home delivery are out there competing for the same work. No union, no company representation, and there out there robbing each other.
  12. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

finding more than enough reason for doing online ordering .RIGHT NOW on the internet Fed ex ground is the cheapest way to get my object from a to b I the consumer never see the homeless looking deadly driver ....i see less $$$
  13. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

Yet at UPS we make alot more $$ and we are miserable
  14. Why so serious

Maybe for some but most UPS drivers stick around. FedEx drivers are a rotating door.
  15. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

That isn't going happen. If Fed Ex employee got paid what UPS employees do Fed Ex wouldn't be making money.
  16. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's the only reason they are profitable. That's why the teamsters and UPS wanted to level the playing field. They would be out of business if the RLA ever got overturned. The stock is thru the roof because they treat the employees like garbage. Fred Smith has said it himself. If the union ever broke thru he would shut the doors on the place. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I could have sworn he has said that in the past
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

He did say that, but it is an empty threat. He does not have the power to shut the doors. He gave that up when Federal Express became FedEx Corporation.

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Actually they could still make money. It would just mean less for executive management and investors.
  19. TUT

TUT Well-Known Member

Interesting RPS was built on desired B2B routes, they had to offer residential to continue to expand, perhaps that was undesirable, but where they came from was cherry picking high volume off the freeway business.
  20. TUT

TUT Well-Known Member

First they all say things like that, sends fear to the current work force. But I believe you are quoting something in the lines he'd hire a bunch of illegals the next day if it happens. There are pluses and minuses, the difference is UPS drivers vs Fedex drivers, white collar the same, station workers more the same. So it isn't everyone. What additional costs Fedex would have, they then get to save on their current doubling up drivers/equipment, higher turnover, a ground network where you have to negotiate with vs simply direct drivers where to go and they would gain some additional business being more unified. But from my experiences, every owner that isn't union will always over play how damaging a union would be to the company, live in absolute fear of a union, in Fedexs case there would be some benefits to help offset new benifits and it isn't like you just get everything UPS has day 1.