When you realize ups sucks

• Thread starter Nothing by 1030 anymore
  • Start date

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
They insist on the United Way donations being done online these days. Too bad I can't ever remember the password from the year before so I can tell them no.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
To be honest I don't think I could work for UPS now days with all the electronic monitoring BS going on. It appears they have a shock collar around your neck that turns you into nothing more than robots. We were constantly time studied and I've had a gal run a stop watch on me while I went to the bathroom--she did stay outside. We were told every day what slugs we were but for the most part once you left the building you were your own boss. You ran your route the way YOU deemed was the best way with your old high step- no power steering cold POS truck. They could yell and scream as much as they wanted and if you had thick skin you would ignore it.
Which would you rather have if you had a choice? A brand new GMC with no telematics, or a new Freightliner with the latest monitoring equipment?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
image.jpg
Lot of hate in you lately.

I like it.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
If we dont push for better working conditions they will only get worse
This is how I feel. I never thought I would be saying this but I'm thinking about doing night courses getting a degree and quitting ups for something better. Better for me would be less hours. Now that I'm a new father I never get to see my daughter. I would rather make less money but be home more. With the way things have been going here it seems like 11-12 hour days have been the norm pretty much since I started driving in 2005. It never bothered me until I became a dad.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This is how I feel. I never thought I would be saying this but I'm thinking about doing night courses getting a degree and quitting ups for something better. Better for me would be less hours. Now that I'm a new father I never get to see my daughter. I would rather make less money but be home more. With the way things have been going here it seems like 11-12 hour days have been the norm pretty much since I started driving in 2005. It never bothered me until I became a dad.
Continuing your education is never a bad thing. I went back to school myself this fall semester for the first time in 15 years.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Continuing your education is never a bad thing. I went back to school myself this fall semester for the first time in 15 years.
The only thing is I have no idea what I would do. Starting over somewhere in a different career is a little unnerving especially considering I have a family to take care of.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The only thing is I have no idea what I would do. Starting over somewhere in a different career is a little unnerving especially considering I have a family to take care of.
Well until you figure it out...you can always start with a few general education courses (most degrees require them)...like math or an English course. And ups will reimburse for tuition and books. Ya gotta start somewhere.

We had 2 route drivers at CINTAS who used to be drivers at UPS. Said got tired of never seeing their kids.