Who are you voting for?

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brown Spider

Well according to you and all your TDU friends the part time wages suck, the healthcare sucks for part timers, etc. Why should anybody sweat it out in the back of a trailer for a company that sucks and is horrible to work for. Maybe Wall Mart pays better with less sweat, better healthcare and better pension.
Oh yeah! Folks looking for better pay, better healthcare and a better pension are just flocking to Walmart! Just listen to that old Walmart Greeter..."If y'all come in here without a smile, I'll give you one of mine."

By The Book

It's close to 10 years here.

Add in a 4 years progression, and you're in your mid 30's at best before you realize "the dream", that turns out to be a reoccurring nightmare.

This job is no where near what it once was.
If you don't believe me, ask any senior driver in your building.

You have been sold out.

Thanks Hoffa
You bring up a good point about the 4 year progression, it shouldn't be any longer than 2 years.......no reason for it. With the company making record profits it's not right that the new driver has to put in 4 years to make top scale. On the flip side has any one group benefited from this....yes, the ones at top scale already. I guess the new driver is making an investment on his top scale rate in 4 years.

By The Book

Exactly....

When did that happen ??

-Bug-
NMA article 37 paragraph c page 121, contract dated December 19, 2007 thru July 31, 2013. This language was one of the reasons that this contract passed. Language that was easy to implement and enforce. This language was honored for about one cycle, January thru October of 2008. Then the company wouldn't post the lists stating there was a decision or agreement between the parties that gave UPS the right to use a process that basically mirrors the current NMA article 37 language in paragraph c on page 129.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
NMA article 37 paragraph c page 121, contract dated December 19, 2007 thru July 31, 2013. This language was one of the reasons that this contract passed. Language that was easy to implement and enforce. This language was honored for about one cycle, January thru October of 2008. Then the company wouldn't post the lists stating there was a decision or agreement between the parties that gave UPS the right to use a process that basically mirrors the current NMA article 37 language in paragraph c on page 129.

I'm not sure, what you're gripe is.... with the refinement of the language.

Then the company wouldn't post the lists

Post what lists ??

-Bug-

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
It's close to 10 years here.

Add in a 4 years progression, and you're in your mid 30's at best before you realize "the dream", that turns out to be a reoccurring nightmare.

This job is no where near what it once was.
If you don't believe me, ask any senior driver in your building.

You have been sold out.

Thanks Hoffa

Well the guy that just got a bid has been waiting 4 years that's where I got 4 years from but I'm not sure I could do 10 years of preload just to finally get starting drivers pay and benefits. I mean that's 14 years to finally reach top driver pay! My kids will be graduating college... That is if I can afford to send them.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Here's the thing. Nobody has to work there. If a 4 year progression is BS then say you don't want the job. But to take it then complain is buyers remorse. Like someone else said it used to be one year. I heard that when I was going through progression. I didn't complain and say the Teamsters sold me down the river.
I don't think it's wrong to want a stronger Union and better pay to ease the pain of waiting to get a bid. Heck if we had a good contract I could possibly make a average living working preload, Saturday air driving, and the two peaks.
I also don't have buyers remorse it's just my expectations of a Union job with UPS is different than expected. Many of my family members are union "steel, construction, car haul, and union Pacific" they all agree we must have a weak contract. I've got my app in on railroad due to start pay being $23 vs the part time wait at 11 in UPS but I had always wanted to go the UPS route.

By The Book

I'm not sure, what you're gripe is.... with the refinement of the language.

Post what lists ??

-Bug-
The other poster talked about this as well.....the one you replied to. This was finally some language that is in the contract that was working for the drivers. Before this language there was no way to have some control of the hours....if they wanted to blast you with hours you had no recourse, contractually. The new language sucks compared to the old. I don't know if you've ever been a UPS driver during this time period, and if you had you'd know my gripe is warranted. If you read the 2007-2013 NMA language, it's spelled out word for word, we didn't ask a manager if we could be added to the 9.5 list, we signed the lists that were posted twice a year.

LeadBelly

Banned
Well the guy that just got a bid has been waiting 4 years that's where I got 4 years from but I'm not sure I could do 10 years of preload just to finally get starting drivers pay and benefits. I mean that's 14 years to finally reach top driver pay! My kids will be graduating college... That is if I can afford to send them.
Which is it? Are your kids in college or do you not have any?

LeadBelly

Banned
I don't think it's wrong to want a stronger Union and better pay to ease the pain of waiting to get a bid. Heck if we had a good contract I could possibly make a average living working preload, Saturday air driving, and the two peaks.
I also don't have buyers remorse it's just my expectations of a Union job with UPS is different than expected. Many of my family members are union "steel, construction, car haul, and union Pacific" they all agree we must have a weak contract. I've got my app in on railroad due to start pay being $23 vs the part time wait at 11 in UPS but I had always wanted to go the UPS route.
Dude you should take that railroad job.

Box Ox

Not sure who to vote for myself. Any examples of Fred Z's accomplishments that would indicate he'd do a better job in the driver's seat than Hoffa?

ezmoney5150

Just remember. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Which is it? Are your kids in college or do you not have any?
Sorry in 14 years they will be graduating college.... As to not having any... Well like I said "my kids will be graduating college"
As for the Railroad job I've been applying for a few years now. Lol
It's a good job but hard to get on... Some of that is because I want to get on with my brother so we can travel together and just make being away from home every other week a little easier.

LeadBelly

Banned
So how many year
Sorry in 14 years they will be graduating college.... As to not having any... Well like I said "my kids will be graduating college"
It's a good job but hard to get on... Some of that is because I want to get on with my brother so we can travel together and just make being away from home every other week a little easier.
do you have invested in united parcel?

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Yeah just don't want to go through what you had to do for 6 years before I see the green grass. I wouldn't mind if I was young, single and didn't have children.
Im sorry and maybe I misinterpret you but I get the feeling you think our contract is good and preloaded work load, wage, and progression is plenty good enough and I shouldn't want more or better. I should just be happy with what I've got or quit.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Don't mind him, he doesn't read well and is conspiracy minded.

I understood your post perfectly.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
...the other side of what?

From your previous posts in this thread, I'm not sure if you are telling him to...

..."hang in there".....???

......or as you posted earlier, "Maybe Wall Mart pays better with less sweat, better healthcare and better pension".

~Bbbl~™