Why does UPS hate us so much????

I know UPS would love to have cheaper labor and no union. But why do they do everything in their power, to piss us off? I understand the need for production, but if you beat a dog, eventually he will bite you back!.......Look at Local 804, they got to the point where "enough Iis enough!" Where does it stop??.....your thoughts!??

Jj1213

Need that full time
I know UPS would love to have cheaper labor and no union. But why do they do everything in their power, to piss us off? I understand the need for production, but if you beat a dog, eventually he will bite you back!.......Look at Local 804, they got to the point where "enough Iis enough!" Where does it stop??.....your thoughts!??
I agree 1000% the more years you got the more they hate you instead of appreciation they try and screw you over. They must have a school to be scumbags

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Because they can? Because we're not robots who can or will produce identical or improved numbers week after week. Because eventually, we will stop caring and just go through the motions. And because it is us versus them. Look at what's happening to 804? Yes, UPS's version of a wet dream would be to hire a gaggle of illegal immigrants who'll work for 5 bucks an hour and no bathroom breaks....their numbers might improve...lol. All they care about is production numbers on a page...and green papers with numbers on them! You know the deal....lol

Last edited:

wayfair

swollen member
they smell for blood, if they know you are weak, they will be all over you...

if you do your job the way they ask/want.... make some cash my friend

we had a new driver get a warning letter for idle time, 84 minutes... he was truly upset about it, this was last month when the temp was right about 10 degrees... I told him to file a protest letter, he then told me he wasn't a paying member of the union...

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

we had a new driver get a warning letter for idle time, 84 minutes... he was truly upset about it, this was last month when the temp was right about 10 degrees... I told him to file a protest letter, he then told me he wasn't a paying member of the union...
Agreed, they circle around the inexperienced and the weak like sharks.....

:likeit::likeit::not_fair:

:likeit::likeit::not_fair:

Future

Victory Ride
Yes they must have gotten new instructions on how to be scumbags lately, because they have been harassing alot of brothers recently with Hrs dispatched and there toy telematics.....dont know why....they cant even get part time cover drivers to come out of the hub.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
udsbrown_det.jpg

Jj1213

Need that full time
They saw the years I had in they knew that I knew how to play the game and although I never gave them attitude they knew they couldn't friend)$k with me that why they dq me

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had a discussion with my boss, about my overallow. . I just said I have been off three weeks, if you really want to compare apples to apples, pull the records of the guy that ran my route, if he was that much better than me, YOU SHOULD DO YOUR JOB AND FIRE ME.

I never miss work, I have no injuries, accidents, complaints. Im just too frickin slow.
The guy that covered for me I talked to today after they pulled the records, talked to him, about me, and he ran .45 better than me in sporh. 5 stops per day.....better.

Yet that is worth throwing a good employee under the bus, threatening continual rides, and I asked for them to come show me, besides being a little slower, what is wrong. Hes 20 yrs younger. He told them instead of beating me every day, they should give me a medal. I appreciated him sticking up for me, but there is nothing better than sticking up for yourself.

Been complaining for years, I no longer care. I can survive on my pension til I find something else.
I think back to all the coulda woulda shoulda things, and I am just a better person, because of them. I never stood up to them, and in turn they cant stand up to their bosses, its better to just find a person who takes it , and beats them up, thump their chest, and feel good about it.

The moral of the story I guess is, UPS can be a hostile environment. If you are a wimp. I have been robbed, threatened, on route, and I got no protection. They want to complain about a little black of a t shirt showing through my uniform, "appearance", yet my truck is so dirty you cannot read the emblem. My windows so filthy, I cant see my mirrors. Image, Oh yes, thats what it is all about.

Im glad I am almost done, and if they find a reason to get rid of me they do me a favor. I dont have as much saved as I would like, but I will survive. If I survived 30 yrs of this I can do anything.

Marne Vet

We have too many new drivers that bitch and complain, but never file a grievance because they use the "I don't want to paint a target on my back" excuse. The company takes advantage of us as a whole because of these enablers. If you do the job by the methods all they can do is try and intimidate you. That's it. If you stand your ground tactfully, and in a professional manner, they cave. I've seen it first hand. I've done it with multiple grievances till they got sick of getting them. I don't mind getting followed either, or asking a sup to brown-up and drive with me for a few days. It's not a threat. It's to show them I do the job the way they've instructed me, and their dispatches are out of control. Excessive dispatches give me more money, and the numbers I give them for it give them indigestion.

In need of brown uniform expertise.......what are the delivery instructions for you concerning sure post packages? My Postmaster says UPS has the option of delivering them themselves.

In need of brown uniform expertise.......what are the delivery instructions for you concerning sure post packages? My Postmaster says UPS has the option of delivering them themselves.
I am asking because the union rural carrier's union has always been suspicious of management manipulating the mail. We are not paid an hourly wage. We hold mail counts in which every piece and package gets counted and this determines your salary for the whole year.

PT Car Washer

Can the union help me at all that they dq me
Yes the Union can help reverses an unfair DQ. I believe there has already been many examples given. I believe the extreme bad weather on area while trying to qualify would be a good place to start. Should give you another 30 day period to try to qualify. With, hopefully spring weather, and your new experience, and attitude, you will make it.