Why is it.................

rod

Retired 22 years
Why do people think I'm the radio traffic reporter and the local weather guy? The weather around here was garbage on Friday (7-14 inches of snow forecast) and after about thirty seven "How are the roads?" I was just about ready to kill. As a matter of fact I told one guy in reply to his request for a road report, " I told myself that I was going to KILL the next person who asked me that!?"
I found out that if you always (no matter how bad the roads are) tell those people that the roads are "fine - no problem at all" that after awhile they don't bother to ask. I can't help you tho with the "cold enough or hot enough for you" thing. Ya just have to learn to live with that one:happy2:.

filthpig

...when you're getting time-studied the elevators are waiting on you?
...the only time something ever leaks at a customer's place, it's bleach?
...pretty girls rarely bend over to pick things up, but 2-ton Sally practically has a stripper pole at her desk?
...customers with bad breath insist on talking a lot?
...they can't EVER fill in the weight field for an OCA?

rod

Retired 22 years
...when you're getting time-studied the elevators are waiting on you?
...the only time something ever leaks at a customer's place, it's bleach?
...pretty girls rarely bend over to pick things up, but 2-ton Sally practically has a stripper pole at her desk?
...customers with bad breath insist on talking a lot?
...they can't EVER fill in the weight field for an OCA?
Why is it that I didn't come up with a neat handle like "filthpig". That describes every driver out there- especially in the summer :wink2:

JustTired

free at last.......
Probably the only question of merit in this whole thread! Why IS that??? At the same time this happens, you are twenty miles from a restroom!! (and 21 miles from a tree!!).

On a related note:

Why is it that somebody has to build a house on one of your few country blocks that you designated a "pit stop"? Or when you do get to one of the few remaining "pit stops", some body turns onto that road or the wind is blowing hard in the wrong direction. Then there is always the vehicle that seems to have come out of nowhere. :surprised:

tups

Why is it that there is always a car parked in front of the house you need to deliver to and have to park in fron of another house an extra 50 feet away so as not to block a neighbors driveway?

barnyard

KTM rider
on the day you have your space and vis, you have more stops than normal, but they are all envelopes, no bulk at all and you can deliver lots of stops by parking and walking off 4.

Tom B

upsmanckp

Why is it..... Harley did not start this thread in Lighten UPS?......
Only kidding Harley....Lighten up!
Love the thread no matter where you put it.
Chris

DS

Fenderbender
Why is it..... Harley did not start this thread in Lighten UPS?......
Only kidding Harley....Lighten up!
Love the thread no matter where you put it.
Chris
I thought about that,but so far its all ups related stuff so I left it here.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Why is it......

If somebody's mailbox gets hit, it gets blamed on the UPS driver??

I have a lawyer on my route that lives on a dead end street. Not a cul de sac. I always have to back down to his house and park on the street because there is no turn around. Two years ago at Christmas I had a package for him and backed down as usual. There was a backhoe blocking his driveway. They forced a helper on me that day and I told here she would have to walk down his steep driveway to this guys house. I have never attempted to pull in this guys driveway. Park on the street and walk down. It was sleeting at the time. She delivers the package and off we go.

The next morning there is a complaint from this lawyer that I pulled (or attempted to pull) in his driveway, got off the drive and ran over his water main, busting it. The guys with the backhoe told him I did it. He wanted UPS to pay for his repairs. It was easy to see where the backhoe had dropped his stabilizer legs on the water main.

I was glad I had a helper that day to verify my story.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
that you totally blow by the stop for that irreg. that you have been tripping on,cursing at and moving out of your way at every stop during the day.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Why is it......

If somebody's mailbox gets hit, it gets blamed on the UPS driver??

I got hung up on someones fence and stalled my truck. I then got unhooked after I restarted my truck and double-clutched it tearing his fence down.

Only had to give one word answers to my on road's two questions to me:

Did you hit so and so's fence?--NO
Don't you drive an automatic?--YES

He still went out to investigate, but I think it was so he could get out of the office.

ol'browneye

Quick opinion of re-attempts in the same day. I don't think we should do it. UPS has the 3-attempt rule for a reason. We lose money after the first attempt. Unless its a preffered customer, I can't think of 1 reason why we should go back to a residential address in the same day.
8 piece Bowflex. one of them is bigger than I've ever seen from Bowflex-134#. First stop of the day, sig req because of a bs claim 2 years ago. nobody home. I went back at 7:45 because I don't want to work around that big s.o.b. 2 days in a row. barely caught him, he was just leaving again!!:disgusted:

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
more scary when you get to that stop requiring a signature with the vicious dog who is always out and and who's sole purpose in life is to eat you at any and all cost and he is nowhere around.

Last edited: