WORMA

The now dead hourly employee was living with the female supervisor. Said female supervisor was found to be cheating on now dead hourly with another supervisor.
UPS knew it, it was going on for 6 :censored2: years.
Now dead hourly employee - be it suicide or foul play - was in a relationship with a superior in the same buidling.
clear violation of UPS policy & neglegent on UPS' part for not enforcing the published policy.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
That is indeed true O95.
Lost two friends and a brother in law in the last 2 months.

A girl I'm kinda dating (long story) lost her father in January. She was daddy's little girl and took it really, really hard. Three, four months later she's still grieving. Last night when we were talking about it, I halfway wished I was sitting with her to hold her. Something about an upset woman brings out those protective male instincts.....

RIP to the family in the Atlanta wreck and the CHEMA employees. -Rocky

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Was not CHEMA, was Worcester. Although there have apparently been 3 suicides in 3 years here in CHEMA, all 3 hourlies. I knew one of them. One of my coordinators in 0203 took his life 5 years ago, also.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
::: angry spit :::. There might have been a time and a place for that crap. That time has long passed and there is no place for it now. -Rocky
Rocky, I couldn't agree with you more! Unfortunately it is something that does not go away easily and without a fight. Just look at my center.

jennie

The now dead hourly employee was living with the female supervisor. Said female supervisor was found to be cheating on now dead hourly with another supervisor.
UPS knew it, it was going on for 6 :censored2: years.
Now dead hourly employee - be it suicide or foul play - was in a relationship with a superior in the same buidling.
clear violation of UPS policy & neglegent on UPS' part for not enforcing the published policy.

Thats so horrible, geesh! Is the female sup still working?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
you wonder how much of the "drama" that happens at this company on a daily basis adds fuel to the fire in these kinds of situations. I wonder if companies the size of ups have the same rates of suicide, alcohol/drug use and divorce.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
All of my managers have been divorced.
Sort of like a badge of honor around here.
Substance abuse.......very common
Heck I'm a heavy drinker and have been all my life ( thanks to all that good pay from UPS ).

slantnosechevy

A Division Mngr. told me 10 years ago that the divorce rate at UPS was 72% on both sides of the fence. The current one says it's higher than that now. He said 25% have been divorced twice. He also said there's a big trend of divorce after upper mngrs. retire. Wives waiting for retirement and final stock shares so they can take half and go.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
All of my managers have been divorced.
Sort of like a badge of honor around here.
Substance abuse.......very common
Heck I'm a heavy drinker and have been all my life ( thanks to all that good pay from UPS ).
"All" will always get you in trouble.
I am a manager - married 36 years first wife (I call her that a lot)
My Div Mgr - married 23 years - one marriage
His mgr - married 28 yrs - one marriage
Her manager - married 32 yrs - one marriage.

So I guess I have to say "all" the managers I know have been married only once and for a long period of time.
And we all consider it a badge of honor. :wink2:

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
That is indeed true O95.
Lost two friends and a brother in law in the last 2 months.
A person at UPS that works with me was killed along with his wife and 2 kids on Easter.
Damn right depressing after awhile.

Prayers go out to their family.
Sorry for your losses, hoax. Also, the losses of others mentioned.

"All" will always get you in trouble.
I am a manager - married 36 years first wife (I call her that a lot)
My Div Mgr - married 23 years - one marriage
His mgr - married 28 yrs - one marriage
Her manager - married 32 yrs - one marriage.

So I guess I have to say "all" the managers I know have been married only once and for a long period of time.
And we all consider it a badge of honor. :wink2:
As you should Hoax, in this day and time of instant gratification, it's all about ME, temporary/disposable society, it's a wonder anyone stays married more than a year. I was married 33 years before my divorce....long boring story. In spite of the divorce, I am proud of those 33. I know many management folks that have been married for lots of years and some that have been married lots of times in the same number of years. LOL, one has been married about 35 years...to three women.

to add to the stats (no names)
WORMA has
1 division manager - married / clean

3 sort managers - one an admitted alchoholic, and and admitted (in court) cheater and the other seems ok.

9 full time coordinators, some of whom have DUI, assault and domestic charges on their records. one full blown alchololic and one with a girlfriend in the hourly ranks

drinking and smoking pot is rampent among full & part time sups.

This is all first hand knowledge, not mud-slinging or he said / she said.

W

westsideworma

WORMA has

3 sort managers - one an admitted alchoholic, and and admitted (in court) cheater and the other seems ok.

9 full time coordinators, some of whom have DUI, assault and domestic charges on their records. one full blown alchololic and one with a girlfriend in the hourly ranks

drinking and smoking pot is rampent among full & part time sups.

Are these the hub sorts? because I don't really see or hear of things like this on the preload, minus the events discussed in this thread. However we're usually the last to know anything anyway.

Big Babooba

WORMA has

3 sort managers - one an admitted alcoholic, and and admitted (in court) cheater and the other seems ok.

9 full time coordinators, some of whom have DUI, assault and domestic charges on their records. one full blown alcoholic and one with a girlfriend in the hourly ranks

drinking and smoking pot is rampant among full & part time sups.

I'm sure that you would find the same on our side (hourly) of the fence.