Written Up for the First Time

box_beeyotch

Because im new to driving, it eases any nerves i may have and i like to take a dump before i leave. To each his own. This is the routine that suits me as of right now. I may change after more windshield time.
Dont you hate that, sometimes the morning poop doesn't hit you until your en route to work.

rod

Retired 22 years
When I signed my FT bid, my PT supe said that she was sorry to see me go, as I had gone more than 2 years without ever being late or calling in sick.

It can be done.

I've got you beat. I only called in sick once in the first 17 years. Then I screwed up my back and was on comp for 2 and a half months. After I had been off work for about a week my center manager called me at home and told me he knew I was faking and to get my ass back to work. He was such a nice guy.

pretzel

Remember this guy is a part timer who gets abused and used every day. Welcome to UPS oh BTW your supervisors will not stick up for you when it comes to brass tacks. Learn your contract they have 10 business days to discipline you for any infraction and has to be sent by certified mail. You really have to be a friend up to get fired for being late. After you become a driver the expectations increase severely but we get hardened like iron by that time through the gauntlet of UPS. Just be honest give your best effort everyone has bad days and never trust management. If you get hurt report it don't go for there deals. They will say stuff like we will take care of you. If you hear that it's a red flag do what you know is right. I've worked for ups 15 years been in several buildings held different jobs. Learn from the guys that have been there 20+ years not the guys with bad knees and backs the strong ones who don't care if there over allowed or work at a slower pace. This job is one of the few careers left yhat you can retire at a decent age and provide a good life for your family. Attend your local union meetings learn how to not kiss but and protect yourself physically, mentally the stress can kill allot of upsers get divorced. When you know your rights not just the contract but also federal work laws you are untouchable and you can help your friends. I know that's overkill but you guys are our future get involved learn why it's important to fund your pension and build a legacy for your family. I love this job I've met some of the coolest people that I get to call customers the drivers I work with are amazing they are really stewards of there community you hear about upsers saving people from fires and all kinds of situations cause we're there and we care about our customers. It's a great life!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Remember this guy is a part timer who gets abused and used every day. Welcome to UPS oh BTW your supervisors will not stick up for you when it comes to brass tacks. Learn your contract they have 10 business days to discipline you for any infraction and has to be sent by certified mail. You really have to be a friend up to get fired for being late. After you become a driver the expectations increase severely but we get hardened like iron by that time through the gauntlet of UPS. Just be honest give your best effort everyone has bad days and never trust management. If you get hurt report it don't go for there deals. They will say stuff like we will take care of you. If you hear that it's a red flag do what you know is right. I've worked for ups 15 years been in several buildings held different jobs. Learn from the guys that have been there 20+ years not the guys with bad knees and backs the strong ones who don't care if there over allowed or work at a slower pace. This job is one of the few careers left yhat you can retire at a decent age and provide a good life for your family. Attend your local union meetings learn how to not kiss but and protect yourself physically, mentally the stress can kill allot of upsers get divorced. When you know your rights not just the contract but also federal work laws you are untouchable and you can help your friends. I know that's overkill but you guys are our future get involved learn why it's important to fund your pension and build a legacy for your family. I love this job I've met some of the coolest people that I get to call customers the drivers I work with are amazing they are really stewards of there community you hear about upsers saving people from fires and all kinds of situations cause we're there and we care about our customers. It's a great life!