XL Oil Pipeline

rickyb

There you go.
Ask West Virginia about railroad tankers full of gas and oil.
I would think a pipeline would be less detrimental and controllable than railroad tankers full of oil products not to mention truck tankers.
If the oil is acquired, it will be transported somewhere and eventually everywhere.
Maybe the answer is building refineries in the Dakotas and transport by train.

the answer is to leave it underground. its either already too late to stop serious global warming, or we have just years to do something about it. my bet is we will be extinct.

theres methane (way more polluting than carbon dioxide) trapped under ice in russia, and climate scientists are saying once the ice melts the methane could suffocate humans.

civilizations die when people go insane. considering the only thing big oil and government can think of when ice melts is to take more oil out of the ground, id say we have gone insane.

oldngray

nowhere special
theres something wrong with an economy when destroying the planet is only 1 of a few ways to make alot of money and get a lot of time off for travel...

So you want to make a lot of money so you can afford time off? Looks like you are really a capitalist at heart.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
theres something wrong with an economy when destroying the planet is only 1 of a few ways to make alot of money and get a lot of time off for travel...
I wonder how much of the planet was destroyed to build your parent's home?

And you have a obviously never heard of a put back clause.

bbsam

Staff member
Who are you to determine how much oil it would take to meet our demand?

Canada has every right to produce as much oil as they wish.

And it will help the US with temporary high paying construction jobs, and permanent pipeline maintenance jobs and permanent refinery jobs.

Who are you to deny these added jobs?
Who am I? Just someone with an opinion. I mean Saudis don't pay market prices, do they? And if we could buy locally rather than from the middle east, isn't that a national security issue? 12% of our oil is imported from the middle east and just look at all that turmoil. Ridiculous.

rickyb

I wonder how much of the planet was destroyed to build your parent's home?

And you have a obviously never heard of a put back clause.

no i havent, but u havent heard about alot more :censored2: than me. u talk out of your ass.

wth does our home have to do with the sustainable economic development u nutter

realbrown1

no i havent, but u havent heard about alot more :censored2: than me. u talk out of your ass.

Thank you.

I know I have won the argument when nothing counters what I said, and I get slammed with personal attacks.

realbrown1

And your parents home was built on prestige wilderness. Wilderness that had to be removed to make room for a house. I don't recall you complaining about that loss of prestine wilderness.

realbrown1

Who am I? Just someone with an opinion. I mean Saudis don't pay market prices, do they? And if we could buy locally rather than from the middle east, isn't that a national security issue? 12% of our oil is imported from the middle east and just look at all that turmoil. Ridiculous.
Are you agreeing with me? Seems like it.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
They are currently capping wells in Texas and laying off oil workers.
Guess it would make sense to increase the amount of Canadian oil going to the gulf coast so they could cap more wells and lay off more Americans.

You want to create more high paying, long term jobs in the US? Increase the gas tax and put that money to work fixing our infrastructure.