XL Oil Pipeline

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Another thread where you mention slave holders . Do you have some reason to keep bringing it up ?
I think he felt like a slave at UPS.
His manager didn't listen to any of the advice that rickyb gave him on how to run UPS better.
I mean, rickyb was there at least a month and a half, and knew everything already.

realbrown1

They are currently capping wells in Texas and laying off oil workers.
Guess it would make sense to increase the amount of Canadian oil going to the gulf coast so they could cap more wells and lay off more Americans.

You want to create more high paying, long term jobs in the US? Increase the gas tax and put that money to work fixing our infrastructure.
But they are not increasing the amount of Canadian oil going to the gulf coast. The Keystone XL has been vetoed by Obama.

But google had no stories on any wells in Texas actually being capped recently or plans to cap any wells, so you are just pulling the old liberal blowing smoke out of you arse.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
New report also says that U.S. imports of Canadian oil sands will continue to grow regardless of whether or not the pipeline is approved
“There is a common misunderstanding that somehow most or all of the oil shipped to the U.S. Gulf Coast via the Keystone XL pipeline would be exported to other countries,” said Aaron Brady, senior director for IHS Energy. “The reality is that the U.S. Gulf Coast is the world’s largest single refining market for heavy crudes such as oil sands, making it unlikely these barrels would be exported offshore. And, the overwhelming majority of refined products produced in the Gulf are consumed in the United States, regardless of the crude source.”
The new IHS report finds that, absent new pipeline capacity, the use of alternate transportation routes—including rail— would still result in the growth of oil sands imports into the United States.

The report also finds that overall growth in oil sands production is expected to continue despite the collapse in oil prices over the past several months. Oil sands projects, the report notes, have a very long time horizon—with production lasting as long as 30 to 40 years—making them relatively resilient to periods of low oil prices.

Sportello

Banned
The problem with the XL Treaty is that is a treaty that favors one company, a foreign company, and excludes all others. It also allows a foreign company to exercise eminent domain in America.

It's not about tar sands, those are being piped right now. It's about one foreign company being given rights over American property owners that has never been given before.

If this was for a foreign wind farm company, the right wing would be up in arms.

moreluck

golden ticket member
1qUtNuC.jpg

realbrown1

Last edited:

Sportello

Banned
Yippie. Gas around 3.40 here because a couple of things.

Drill more, build more pipelines, have a glut more often more often and we will have $2 a gallon gasoline. That's great for the economy. A win-win.
Are you getting paid to post? Because I seriously can't see someone of your stature posting that without being paid.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Are you getting paid to post? Because I seriously can't see someone of your stature posting that without being paid.

Well, we cant attribute it to thinking. He is still stuck on "DRILL MORE" even though the USA companies have already shut 50% of the producing wells since november.

He also still believes that he will see $2.00 a gallon gas with more drilling because thats what fox news tells him..

Too bad he doesnt listen to wall street commodities traders who will NEVER allow gas to fall that low no matter how much oil is ever brought to the surface.

TOS.

wkmac

But they are not increasing the amount of Canadian oil going to the gulf coast. The Keystone XL has been vetoed by Obama.

But google had no stories on any wells in Texas actually being capped recently or plans to cap any wells, so you are just pulling the old liberal blowing smoke out of you arse.

Not sure what kind of smoke this is but I'm sure you'll entertain us none the less.

HOUSTON – As many as 550 drilling rigs may have to sit on the sidelines of U.S. shale oil patches over the next few months, analysts say, as oil prices have folded nearly in half since this summer.

The projections come a few days after Texas drilling rigs led the nation in a 1.4 percent weekly decline in the U.S. active rig count, according to oil field services firm Baker Hughes. Oil companies cut 20 rigs in the Permian Basin, a sharp turnaround from the flurry of rigs and hydraulic fracturing equipment that had rushed to West Texas earlier this year.

“We think there’s a significant amount of pain coming” to the oil industry and its service companies next year, said Praveen Narra, an analyst with Raymond James. Any recovery in U.S. drilling activity will likely take longer than usual in oil-price downturns because the decline was set off by a glut in crude supplies, rather than less demand, he said.

More that 500 Rigs may shut down as oil slides

And today we see this from Associated Press:

For the past seven weeks, the United States has been producing and importing an average of 1 million more barrels of oil every day than it is consuming. That extra crude is flowing into storage tanks, especially at the country's main trading hub in Cushing, Oklahoma, pushing U.S. supplies to their highest point in at least 80 years, the Energy Department reported last week.

If this keeps up, storage tanks could approach their operational limits, known in the industry as "tank tops," by mid-April and send the price of crude — and probably gasoline, too — plummeting.

US running out of room to store oil; price collapse next?

rickyb

I think he felt like a slave at UPS.
His manager didn't listen to any of the advice that rickyb gave him on how to run UPS better.
I mean, rickyb was there at least a month and a half, and knew everything already.

i knew that getting ripped off on wages was not worth keeping my job for.

UPS certainly wasnt freedom, and the whole 2.5 years before $27/hr is way longer than i was planning on staying.

I mean if u want to work 10 hour days 5 days a week or whatever, and save $1000 or less a month, and count that your not going to be blown up by an atomic bomb or die before you retire, annnnnd when you retire that UPS is not going to rip you off on your pension, THEN i would say sure go that route. but not for me.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
UL92Hab.jpg

Thats the point MOREluck, the XL pipepline is UNNEEDED and therefore, leaves no legitimate reason to use eminent domain to take Americans land and homes for a Canadian Oil Company.

With OIL collapsing this week on the commodities market, down to almost 36 bucks a barrel today ( thanks OBAMA!) the Xl pipeline argument goes right out the window as it has from day one.

Its too bad you havent the first clue about the oil market and can only repeat the hyperbole of the oil companies.

TOS.