Yes or NO on NEW CONTRACT?

Will u vote yes or no on the new contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

diesel96

I sit here and read all you full time pkg drivers complaining about the rate of pay and ups making all this money at the end of this contract you will be making almost 34 dollars an hour and half of you don't even deserve that go out on your route and pad your mileage or bring back smoked pkgs like you even went to the address or sheet nsn for a target store on your route off by one digit you guys make me sick your greedy and then you use the part timers wage as an excuse for your own gains,it is apart time job.what do you want full time wages on part time hours plz.you misinformed TDU pieces of crap are gonna bring this company and everyone else down with it, what do you think will happen when our competition and customers find out we shot this contract down! we are gonna lose volume and fast this will be it and those part timers who don't even vote will be the first ones layed off you know thos guys that have another full time job during the day and don"t care if there is a strike we are already the highest paid in our industry and don't give me this bologna about cost of living cuz i live in orange county you wanna buy a house here fine 2 bedroom CONDO 550,000 no less look it up and i do pretty good so you midwest hicks and everyone else should be living like kings.it is all about greed with you people and that is what will run the company and our livelyhoods downthe drain.so go ahead push the company into a corner DHL is around now and fed-ex is ready for our volume now unlike in 97 oh how easily we forget!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Brain,
You do bring up some valid points but in an elementary manner....Unfortunately, your lack of courtesy, and your anonimity, leads most of us to discredit your opinion, however if it was written more respectfully and sincerely I would have backed you. Lets not act like the ones you've directed this post at. 2 negatives don't make it wright .

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It is a good thing that most of the people on this site are and have been anti teamsters, you represent the bitter minority of ups. Your poll is as worthless as this site. If people on this site had any real influence the apwa would be representing the ups employees already. It is all empty script. 'It is not who votes, but who counts the votes.'(Joseph Stalin) ask George Bush.

who the *** are you? You can say whatever you want about ups, ups freight etc, but dont come on here and bash this site punk, if for anything else, cheryl who owns and runs this site does a wonderful job keeping things up and running. When you come on here and talk :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: about brown cafe most people will tell you to shut up and take a hike. Although there are many different kinds of upsers and mgt on here spinning things in 1000 different directions, one thing NOBODY does is disrespect this site, because in doing do you disrespect the owner, cheryl. So maybe its time to say sorry to cheryl and tell her you LOVE her site.:censored2::censored2:If you dont like browncafe, get the helll out!

Last edited by a moderator:
U

UPS FREIGHT WORKER

who the *** are you? You can say whatever you want about ups, ups freight etc, but dont come on here and bash this site punk, if for anything else, cheryl who owns and runs this site does a wonderful job keeping things up and running. When you come on here and talk :censored2: about brown cafe most people will tell you to shut up and take a hike. Although there are many different kinds of upsers and mgt on here spinning things in 1000 different directions, one thing NOBODY does is disrespect this site, because in doing do you disrespect the owner, cheryl. So maybe its time to say sorry to cheryl and tell her you LOVE her site.:censored2::censored2:If you dont like browncafe, get the helll out!

You done, shoe shine boy! Like I said, this is the bitter and anti-teamster site. How can I say this? The management of UPS Freight told us about it 2 years ago. Enough said!

upsgrunt

I sit here and read all you full time pkg drivers complaining about the rate of pay and ups making all this money at the end of this contract you will be making almost 34 dollars an hour and half of you don't even deserve that go out on your route and pad your mileage or bring back smoked pkgs like you even went to the address or sheet nsn for a target store on your route off by one digit you guys make me sick your greedy and then you use the part timers wage as an excuse for your own gains,it is apart time job.what do you want full time wages on part time hours plz.you misinformed TDU pieces of crap are gonna bring this company and everyone else down with it, what do you think will happen when our competition and customers find out we shot this contract down! we are gonna lose volume and fast this will be it and those part timers who don't even vote will be the first ones layed off you know thos guys that have another full time job during the day and don"t care if there is a strike we are already the highest paid in our industry and don't give me this bologna about cost of living cuz i live in orange county you wanna buy a house here fine 2 bedroom CONDO 550,000 no less look it up and i do pretty good so you midwest hicks and everyone else should be living like kings.it is all about greed with you people and that is what will run the company and our livelyhoods downthe drain.so go ahead push the company into a corner DHL is around now and fed-ex is ready for our volume now unlike in 97 oh how easily we forget!!!!!!!!!!!

Careful there hotshot for I am one of those "midwest hicks". You are entitled to your opinion, but are not entitled to label me and call names. Until you walk a mile in my shoes, or me in yours, there is no need for the attitude that you are putting off. Crap slinging is absofreakinglutley no way to get your point across and to try to sway someone's opinion.

#1angelfan

upsman all i know is no one was ever fired for doing their job and if i was being dishonest i should be fired like the language in the new contract allows for instead of the people i am talking about getting away with that stuff. seems like i hit a nerve with you for that one maybe you are one of those doing it and afraid they will be able to catch you. DS you want me to mellow out but those people being greedy and voting no are bringing me and the rest of every body else who just want to work down with them, and do not try to tell me housing is expensive everywhere drivers make the same amount all across the country but yet southern ca c.o.l.a is higher than 98% of the country gas is higher here than anywhere else in the nation yet we still do pretty well hence my believing every where else you guys should be doing good so don't go there , but yet you want more because the company is doing well i am gonna clue you in on something the company is not here to subsidise our standard of living it does not owe us anything nor de we owe it anything fair days work for fair days pay like in the contract.we are blue collar workers remember that not doctors and lawyers or businessmen and women so if you think you should be payed 100,000 a year then go get one of those jobs as for me where i have come from and been throuh in my life i am just happy i have what i have and ups has given that to me if it wasn't for this job i would probably be working at walmart really getting screwed those are the kind of companies that we should be furious at.
i think i know this guy. he was saying this same crap to one of our guys and they almost got in a fight, he is a shop steward and a combo guy in laguna, not liked by many people as you can tell.

S

SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN

i think i know this guy. he was saying this same crap to one of our guys and they almost got in a fight, he is a shop steward and a combo guy in laguna, not liked by many people as you can tell.

no angel fan i am actually full time pkg driver in anaheim stadium center,never a shop steward i couldn't handle that mess. you are from laguna? do you know d.surrell i think he took a combo there?

pkg-king

upsman all i know is no one was ever fired for doing their job and if i was being dishonest i should be fired like the language in the new contract allows for instead of the people i am talking about getting away with that stuff. seems like i hit a nerve with you for that one maybe you are one of those doing it and afraid they will be able to catch you. DS you want me to mellow out but those people being greedy and voting no are bringing me and the rest of every body else who just want to work down with them, and do not try to tell me housing is expensive everywhere drivers make the same amount all across the country but yet southern ca c.o.l.a is higher than 98% of the country gas is higher here than anywhere else in the nation yet we still do pretty well hence my believing every where else you guys should be doing good so don't go there , but yet you want more because the company is doing well i am gonna clue you in on something the company is not here to subsidise our standard of living it does not owe us anything nor de we owe it anything fair days work for fair days pay like in the contract.we are blue collar workers remember that not doctors and lawyers or businessmen and women so if you think you should be payed 100,000 a year then go get one of those jobs as for me where i have come from and been throuh in my life i am just happy i have what i have and ups has given that to me if it wasn't for this job i would probably be working at walmart really getting screwed those are the kind of companies that we should be furious at.

Paragraphs should be used...not feared

pkg-king

I've heard that no rank and file members are aloud to be present at the ballot counting location, I wonder if this is true. I honestly believe you are going to hear that the contract was "ratified by a landslide count". Whether that happens to truely be the case or not.

browned out

I've heard that no rank and file members are aloud to be present at the ballot counting location, I wonder if this is true. I honestly believe you are going to hear that the contract was "ratified by a landslide count". Whether that happens to truely be the case or not.

If everyone voted it would be defeated by a landslide. Its akin to poor people not voting or we would have no republicans in office. Sorry for political twist

upsgrunt

If everyone voted it would be defeated by a landslide. Its akin to poor people not voting or we would have no republicans in office. Sorry for political twist

Or people, who wouldn't have voted otherwise, selling their vote to get a democrat into office! There is always 2 ways to look at things.

tieguy

Banned

Not sure where you're from but on the east coast they bus the poor people in two to three times and even get them to vote from the grave.

tieguy

Banned

it will be like all others. Either win by a little or lose by a little.

GSO_Dave

it will be like all others. Either win by a little or lose by a little.

I do realize that while the poll that started this thread is very unofficial, it does appear almost 2 to 1 against the proposal. I hope that (as a NO voter) "my/our" votes prevail "by a little", or, BY A LOT!!!

:happy-very:

Dave

Last edited:

browned out

Not sure where you're from but on the east coast they bus the poor people in two to three times and even get them to vote from the grave.

No you are confused with UPS's welfare to work program. OR maybe I'm wrong about this also.

Please confirm that there is no UPS welfare to work program.

GSO_Dave

No you are confused with UPS's welfare to work program. OR maybe I'm wrong about this also.

Please confirm that there is no UPS welfare to work program.

Nine years, and I don't think I've heard of this one.

However, at my location, they do buy bus passes for folks without "reliable" transportation, if that is what you mean...

Dave

browned out

Nine years, and I don't think I've heard of this one.

However, at my location, they do buy bus passes for folks without "reliable" transportation, if that is what you mean...

Dave

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure UPS does it in some of the bigger cities or areas where they have trouble getting part timers.

There are some differences in what UPS offers to PTers. Some part timers get tuition reimbursment(in these hard to keep employee areas) but most don't.. All depends on supply and demand, I guess

I'm probably wrong Only 1 kid can be right on this site

Last edited: