You can't make this stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplepackage

On friday i was driving our oldest 700, no back up camera and still has the sonar for backing up. I started getting worried that the wristband lock was going to lock me out of the passenger door so i only started closing it at business stops. Long story short i go to pop the door around 3 and it only opens halfway lol Was stuck like that the rest of the day.

Im kind of excited i really hope they retire that truck

whenIgetthere

Hell, 90% of our Saturday drivers wouldn't even recognize an airport address on a package if it slapped them on the face. They load their trucks in the morning, van scan everything, put all the stops in their phones and go on their way.

It's not until halfway through their route do they even realize they accidentally took another route's package or that they have 2 addresses that didn't plot correctly. Our Saturday crew is like a revolving door of newbies and mandated full-timers who just want to go home.

Here, most Saturday people are T-S FT, just not enough M-friend 5x8 gigs to go around, so we are stuck. Very few problems on Saturday as well, as most have been on their routes for years. Good thing about T-S though, only two people bid in front of me for days off, so I broke up two weeks this year and took ten Saturdays off (14 when I add personals and floaters).

Purplepackage

Here, most Saturday people are T-S FT, just not enough M-friend 5x8 gigs to go around, so we are stuck. Very few problems on Saturday as well, as most have been on their routes for years. Good thing about T-S though, only two people bid in front of me for days off, so I broke up two weeks this year and took ten Saturdays off (14 when I add personals and floaters).

I was M-S for about 15 years lol but once you stop working 6 days it's hard to get back into it

McFeely

Huge Member
On friday i was driving our oldest 700, no back up camera and still has the sonar for backing up.

I think my station is down to our last 2 700s. Sad thing is, I like them a helluva lot more than the Isuzus we roll. I guess we're a pretty high-mileage station though and that's why we're always getting new rides.

Purplepackage

I think my station is down to our last 2 700s. Sad thing is, I like them a helluva lot more than the Isuzus we roll. I guess we're a pretty high-mileage station though and that's why we're always getting new rides.

We have 4 but only 2 are used for actually routes. The one the door broke on is used on a route and that guy is going to be pretty ticked at me lol

But seriously if it's so old that the door is just going to get stuck halfway open I think it's time to retire it

dex 84

We have 4 but only 2 are used for actually routes. The one the door broke on is used on a route and that guy is going to be pretty ticked at me lol

But seriously if it's so old that the door is just going to get stuck halfway open I think it's time to retire it

Well, when one door gets stuck halfway closed another one gets stuck halfway open...

dezguy

I was M-S for about 15 years lol but once you stop working 6 days it's hard to get back into it
I did it for about 5 years back when I first started. Didn't seem that bad back then until I stopped and realized how much stuff I missed with my daughter growing up. I would not recommend it for anyone.

Purplepackage

I did it for about 5 years back when I first started. Didn't seem that bad back then until I stopped and realized how much stuff I missed with my daughter growing up. I would not recommend it for anyone.

I agree, did it my first 15 years and stopped when I had my first child

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Regardless someone paid a premium for Express to get it there and you should make every reasonable effort to get it delivered within the prescribed methods. No one is saying you should climb the fence and hand deliver it to the consignee but if there is a phone number I am going to call the consignee.
Again, you would be in violation of a Company directive.

Nolimitz

True story: Our station ran out of door tags several weeks ago and have been on "back order" for at least 2 weeks.
Mgrs have been searching trucks for any stashed pads and removing any stash to hand out a few tags to those who need them every morning. guessing they will be totally gone by mid week.
How can FudEx not have/ a warehouse of needed daily supplies on hand to overnight to a station....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
True story: Our station ran out of door tags several weeks ago and have been on "back order" for at least 2 weeks.
Mgrs have been searching trucks for any stashed pads and removing any stash to hand out a few tags to those who need them every morning. guessing they will be totally gone by mid week.
How can FudEx not have/ a warehouse of needed daily supplies on hand to overnight to a station....
They can't get some from the next closest station and just have you cross out the station address?

654-5UC_PKG_V02_RGB_D.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.