You tell em Donald

bbsam

Staff member
I think he will go after able bodied people who milk the system. Good! One of the first things I'm hearing he'll go after is pulling out of the Trans Pacific Partnership. Something Smith badly wants us to be in. So tell me how is that pleasing all the "oligarchs?" If he does everything he says he'll attempt to do and things greatly improve for working people will you support him or will you continue to hate him because he's rich and has a R after his name?
He'd do better going after "able bodied" corporations.

Oldfart

He'd do better going after "able bodied" corporations.
Those able bodied corporations make our economy grow. Try reading a book or some business magazines about the importance of a strong business economy and how we all benefit. Small business growth is important but without large groups of employees to visit small businesses, they can't survive.

bbsam

Staff member
Those able bodied corporations make our economy grow. Try reading a book or some business magazines about the importance of a strong business economy and how we all benefit. Small business growth is important but without large groups of employees to visit small businesses, they can't survive.
You mean publications like "Fortune" and the Wall Street Journal and "Money" are pro Big Business?!

Shocking. Just Shocking.

But who are we kidding here? Jack-wagons buying and selling, fudging quarterly numbers, propping up their fragile egos with numbers propped up by the "near zero" interest rates of the Federal Reserve...and you are in awe of them?

vantexan

You mean publications like "Fortune" and the Wall Street Journal and "Money" are pro Big Business?!

Shocking. Just Shocking.

But who are we kidding here? Jack-wagons buying and selling, fudging quarterly numbers, propping up their fragile egos with numbers propped up by the "near zero" interest rates of the Federal Reserve...and you are in awe of them?
You won't give your own employees extra money when you could but you want to criticize big business. Me thinks you don't want an environment where businesses are competing for employees because you'd have to pay more to keep them at a dead end job. Yep, you're an oligarch in the making.

bbsam

Staff member
Offer a handshake--never bow. Bowing is something a slave would do to a master. .
In this culture maybe. Not all. Respect is correct AND politically correct. There simply is nothing wrong with that.

BTW...ever watch a martial arts contest? What do the fighters do at the beginning?

There. Now you can feel more manly about being respectful.

bbsam

Staff member
You won't give your own employees extra money when you could but you want to criticize big business. Me thinks you don't want an environment where businesses are competing for employees because you'd have to pay more to keep them at a dead end job. Yep, you're an oligarch in the making.
Actually, I'm guessing if there are more jobs created, wages will go down if anything. Look at who is close to Trump. Any union people? Any worker's rights advocates? Anyone, anyone at all from the labor side of the economy?

Your see van, if I end up doing well in the Trump.economy, Fred and FedEx will simply take more and I will take more from my drivers and that is how the new President and his swamp mates would have it.

vantexan

In this culture maybe. Not all. Respect is correct AND politically correct. There simply is nothing wrong with that.

BTW...ever watch a martial arts contest? What do the fighters do at the beginning?

There. Now you can feel more manly about being respectful.
I don't mind the most powerful man on Earth showing respect to other leaders. I do mind him apologizing to them about America's past actions. We may have done things in our interests that didn't set well with some, but we've done a lot of good too that more than offsets the bad. And our "bad" doesn't begin to compare with what many regimes have done. And Obama's commutation of Bradley/Chelsea Manning's sentence tells you exactly how he feels about America.

vantexan

Actually, I'm guessing if there are more jobs created, wages will go down if anything. Look at who is close to Trump. Any union people? Any worker's rights advocates? Anyone, anyone at all from the labor side of the economy?

Your see van, if I end up doing well in the Trump.economy, Fred and FedEx will simply take more and I will take more from my drivers and that is how the new President and his swamp mates would have it.
A very simplistic view that I'll love seeing debunked.

bbsam

Staff member
A very simplistic view that I'll love seeing debunked.
President Trump is not a complex individual and doesn't care for details. Answer the question. Who that Trump has surrounded himself with is going to side with laborers like you and me over the Fred Smiths and Jeff Bezos' of the country?

Oldfart

Shocking. Just Shocking.

Without big business, NONE of us would have a job. The Amazons, Dells, HPs, Sprints, Oracle, Ebay all fill our planes and trucks everyday. When they prosper, we all prosper. Before Al Gore invented the internet, there was no such thing as Christmas Peak. Now the internet has made Christmas the busiest time of the year. I am sorry you are " anti big business", you just might not be knowledgeable to understand that without a strong economy, everyone suffers.

bbsam

Staff member
Without big business, NONE of us would have a job. The Amazons, Dells, HPs, Sprints, Oracle, Ebay all fill our planes and trucks everyday. When they prosper, we all prosper. Before Al Gore invented the internet, there was no such thing as Christmas Peak. Now the internet has made Christmas the busiest time of the year. I am sorry you are " anti big business", you just might not be knowledgeable to understand that without a strong economy, everyone suffers.
Anti big business? Nah. Just not enamored. They were bailed out by you and me. How'd they repay? Have wages rebounded to start mirroring corporate profits? Have off shore profits come back to create more jobs? No? Because of taxes? So?

They borrow at near zero and reap all the rewards and you remain in awe. I don't get it. Big business is nothing without government but they act like spoiled brats.

I'm not anti big business but I do think they've been bending the rest of us over for quite some time.

Remember business not investing because of "uncertainty"? WTF?!?! Business in America has to be guaranteed success? And for some reason we nod our heads in agreement?

Last edited:

vantexan

Anti big business? Nah. Just not enamored. They were bailed out by you and me. How'd they repay? Have wages rebounded to start mirroring corporate profits? Have off shore profits come back to create more jobs? No? Because of taxes? So?

They borrow at near zero and reap all the rewards and you remain in awe. I don't get it. Big business is nothing without government but they act like spoiled brats.

I'm not anti big business but I do think they've been bending the rest of us over for quite some time.

Remember business not investing because of "uncertainty"? WTF?!?! Business in America has to be guaranteed success? And for some reason we nod our heads in agreement?
President Trump is not a complex individual and doesn't care for details. Answer the question. Who that Trump has surrounded himself with is going to side with laborers like you and me over the Fred Smiths and Jeff Bezos' of the country?
You aren't a laborer. If anything you're an opportunist who has no trouble working in concert with big business to line your pockets. Fine. I'm not enamored with big business either. But tell me how all of those unemployed factory workers, miners, and others displaced by the global economy will ever have anything if they don't have someone fighting for them in the White House? Bush didn't get it done when he had complete Republican control. Obama didn't get it done when he had complete Democratic control. And no one seems to want to cross party lines when we have divided government. The answer isn't bigger government. We've had that for awhile now. We are 20 trillion in debt and our problems aren't solved or even reduced. No one with a stake in the status quo wants him to succeed because everyone at the gov't trough has too much to lose. What vision do you offer for those 10's of millions who've lost their prosperity, their future? Does it matter to you at all as long as you get your's? Are you glad that all those out of work folk are getting their's because some other maligned group never had what they had? How about an America where everyone who wants to apply themselves has opportunities to succeed? Where companies are begging for workers to meet their needs? It wasn't happening but now we have a chance. God bless America, and may God defeat her enemies, both foreign AND domestic!

Oldfart

Nice show by the heathens who rioted across the country today. Maybe they need to send the Ohio National Guard to restore order. They know how to handle rioters. Looting and rioting and damaging property of hard working people achieves nothing and hurts innocent people. Maybe the protesters should have been at work instead burning cars and breaking windows.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I do mind him apologizing to them about America's past actions. We may have done things in our interests that didn't set well with some, but we've done a lot of good too that more than offsets the bad.
So you have no problem with us doing bad things, the only problem is when we acknowledge our mistakes and apologize for them..... LMFAO.