Zone 1 New Package Trucks AC

Well, they’re saying it’s coming. I’ll believe it when I see it. doubtful I will ever see it personally. really wasn’t a huge concern of mine to begin with, but if others are pleased, that’s great.
It's gets hot as hades' balls here, and I couldn't give a :censored2: about a/c. It was a bull:censored2: "win" and I woulda taken my pension contribution increases over this crap. 10/10 people who fall out due to heat do so because they don't take care if themselves. Now I just have another reason my pc will be out of service and my pension will only grow at its current rate for the next five years.

But, they are required to purchase 28k of these over the next 4+ years. Not withstanding a substantial volume collapse.

Thebrownblob

It's gets hot as hades' balls here, and I couldn't give a :censored2: about a/c. It was a bull:censored2: "win" and I woulda taken my pension contribution increases over this crap. 10/10 people who fall out due to heat do so because they don't take care if themselves. Now I just have another reason my pc will be out of service and my pension will only grow at its current rate for the next five years.

But, they are required to purchase 28k of these over the next 4+ years. Not withstanding a substantial volume collapse.
I remember the 1997 contract we were promised 10,000 jobs and the company drug their feet for many years. They eventually ended up losing at arbitration, and I feel like this will be similar..

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster

My suggestion would be to just keep it turned off and it should cause you no problems.

Thebrownblob

My suggestion would be to just keep it turned off and it should cause you no problems.
I don’t think he’s complaining about the air-conditioning. Neither am I, I think we wonder what we may have lost that we could’ve gained that was probably more important. Somehow we managed for over 100 years without it. 🤷‍♂️ and I take nothing away from the union negotiating that win I’m just giving my opinion..

I hear you but it the only thing in your post that anything can actually be done about. The rest just needs to be accepted for it is a done deal. I respect your opinion as to negotiations though.
You're that husband who doesn't listen to his wife. Sometimes she just needs to talk, she doesn't need your solution. Please, just listen to her.

It's just an opinion, man. I've lived a lot of life and know a few things, I definitely don't need your help with this.

Thebrownblob

You're that husband who doesn't listen to his wife. Sometimes she just needs to talk, she doesn't need your solution. Please, just listen to her.

It's just an opinion, man. I've lived a lot of life and know a few things, I definitely don't need your help with this.
I bet You do look good in a dress and high heels….

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
The fans are nice here in New England when we get 90 degree days. Makes a noticeable difference I’d say. I bet the AC will be nice as well, when we get it in 15 years lol. But the real problem has always been the oven that we have to go into to get the packages. Not the front.

Thebrownblob

The fans are nice here in New England when we get 90 degree days. Makes a noticeable difference I’d say. I bet the AC will be nice as well, when we get it in 15 years lol. But the real problem has always been the oven that we have to go into to get the packages. Not the front.
Bingo. If people are struggling with heat, it’s because they’re spending way too much time in the brown oven not in the front with the doors open.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wait until sups use the a/c to catch drivers stealing time as drivers use it as a cooling off station. Also more drivers that normal may drop as they never fully acclimate to the heat.

We shall see.

Integrity

Binge Poster

No prob. Sorry.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Wait until sups use the a/c to catch drivers stealing time as drivers use it as a cooling off station. Also more drivers that normal may drop as they never fully acclimate to the heat.

We shall see.
That’s basically a pay cut! I’m still going to stop at each gas station to sit in their beer fridge.