“On Topic” Yard Control Safety Violation Walkthrough.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
I corrected original post to include the shifters.

What should a UPS employee do if they observe this type of Yard Safety Control Violation?

i would talk to the steward if its really a concern. let him discuss/correct it with the offender.

i believe the teamsters constitution prohibits a teamster from barring witness against another teamster? or am i understanding this concept incorrectly. (@BigUnionGuy ?)

542thruNthru

i would talk to the steward if its really a concern. let him discuss/correct it with the offender.

i believe the teamsters constitution prohibits a teamster from barring witness against another teamster? or am i understanding this concept incorrectly. (@BigUnionGuy ?)

What Article of the IBT constitution are you seeing this. From what our locals lawyer has said I don't believe this is true.

Curious to read it if you can tell me what article.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I was asking new drivers that were pulling into the center today why they were driving so quickly , there response was ....” Management told me I need to qualify or I won’t have a job”
It is clear that management is ok with driving above the speed limit.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I was asking new drivers that were pulling into the center today why they were driving so quickly , there response was ....” Management told me I need to qualify or I won’t have a job”
It is clear that management is ok with driving above the speed limit.
That is not true. From Corporate UPS Training
Point #4 of Yard Control Safety rules states that all people authorized to drive vehicles in the yard must obey posted speed limit signs and wear a safety belt at all times.

Any management person who doesn’t strictly enforce this training should be fired.

The real question is why do non management people insist on putting themselves on the hook when things go bad for people who can’t do their own jobs by enforcing Corporate Safety Training.

Any management person who gives direction in conflict with UPS Safety Training needs to be fired from this company.

It is that simple.

Last edited:

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
That is not true. From Corporate UPS Training
Point #4 of Yard Control Safety rules states that all people authorized to drive vehicles in the yard must obey posted speed limit signs and wear a safety belt at all times.

Any management person who doesn’t strictly enforce this training should be fired.

The real question is why do non management people insist on putting themselves on the hook when things go bad for people who can’t do their own jobs by enforcing Corporate Safety Training.

Any management person who gives direction in conflict with UPS Safety Training needs to be fired from this company.

It is that simple.
It is true. Ups sees drivers speeding on telematics all day every day and never says anything. Just don't let that bulkhead door pop open though.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Starting this week. Everyone including drivers. Now must wear a yellow vest. To the pcm inside or outside. Before they start the pcm. So I wait till start to walk and get mine. I do nothing work related till I start. They also want us to wear it until our 1st stop. So we are safe at the building now

Integrity

Binge Poster
Starting this week. Everyone including drivers. Now must wear a yellow vest. To the pcm inside or outside. Before they start the pcm. So I wait till start to walk and get mine. I do nothing work related till I start. They also want us to wear it until our 1st stop. So we are safe at the building now
This is an excellent improvement in Yard Control Safety. It increases the visibility of all employees who may be in the yard at any time.