“Starting” wage rate to $15.50 by 2022

Legitimyze

Is the wording on this literal? I didn’t read into it until just now. The way it is written seem to imply that any employee hired at the 13.00 rate that works 4 years up to 15.50 is still at that years “starting” rate. So if an employee is hired in 2022, they will be at 15.50 also? Or are the contacts always worded that way, while actually implying yearly raises?

Not that I expect this to pass, but curious on the intent for future reference.

Attachments

• 74998AB5-01D2-4F2F-8C83-513F1800183D.png
    74998AB5-01D2-4F2F-8C83-513F1800183D.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 320

Blackstream

Yes, the starting wage goes up which means next years new hires will be making the same hourly wage as 4 years from now's new hires.

I just like how they claim they eliminated two tier wages and progression, but this is literally the same system as before except now the people in 'progression' get to see the new hires hop up to the same point in 'progression' that they are at.

Like, whether you think this contract is gold or not, at least call a spade a spade. New hires definitely get the shaft in this contract wage wise compared to existing part timers, the imbalance is still there.

Last edited:

jaker

trolling
Is the wording on this literal? I didn’t read into it until just now. The way it is written seem to imply that any employee hired at the 13.00 rate that works 4 years up to 15.50 is still at that years “starting” rate. So if an employee is hired in 2022, they will be at 15.50 also? Or are the contacts always worded that way, while actually implying yearly raises?

Not that I expect this to pass, but curious on the intent for future reference.
minimum wage will be 15 in 2022 also , so for a whole .50 more you can work at ups

BrownRecycler

I know I sounds like am making a joke against the contract but bear with me. I am being humorous and know working for UPS still pay off for me regardless but here goes.....

Basically, it is like this. They don't have to work for UPS for the pay raise. They can work at McDonald, Burger King, Lowe, FedEx, USPS, etc then come back eventually to work for UPS for the $15.50 an hour without putting time in the company. We, the employee of the UPS / Teamster union members, will work hard to make sure that the new people get a raise without their time in the company.

If it about the pay rate, they can start working for UPS when the pay rate meets their hourly wage expectation. We can call it the handicap newly hire system. They can get a raise without working for the company.

Would you like that?

Last edited:

BrownArmy

I know I sounds like am making a joke against the contract but bear with me. I am being humorous and know working for UPS still pay off for me regardless but here goes.....

Basically, it is like this. They don't have to work for UPS for the pay raise. They can work at McDonald, Burger King, Lowe, FedEx, USPS, etc then come back eventually to work for UPS for the $15.50 an hour without putting time in the company. We, the employee of the UPS / Teamster union members, will work hard to make sure that the new people get a raise without their time in the company.

If it about the pay rate, they can start working for UPS when the pay rate meets their hourly wage expectation. We can call it the handicap newly hire system. They can get a raise without working for the company.

Would you like that?

Wut?

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!

Would you like that?

So now I’ve read that it’s okay to be on your phone while on the clock, but not on your personal time. And now this.

F4A900BD-E649-461C-87BB-27B40EC47563.gif