$1,000 Friday after thanksgiving club.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The question should be why did the union let them take the holiday away from us. Thanks Mr. Hoffa.
They didn't "take the holiday away from us", at least not in the Western Conference.

Friday is still a paid holiday here.

The company has always had the ability to force us to work on a holiday. The work must first be offered from the top down by seniority, then forced from the bottom up. Anyone who works a holiday is guaranteed 8 hours of overtime, on top of the straight time holiday pay they are already getting.

The only thing that has changed...for us at least...is that more routes are being dispatched and more people are being forced to work this year. We have the same sign up list we have always had, and no senior employee can be forced to work while a junior employee gets the day off.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They didn't "take the holiday away from us", at least not in the Western Conference.

Friday is still a paid holiday here.

The company has always had the ability to force us to work on a holiday. The work must first be offered from the top down by seniority, then forced from the bottom up. Anyone who works a holiday is guaranteed 8 hours of overtime, on top of the straight time holiday pay they are already getting.

The only thing that has changed...for us at least...is that more routes are being dispatched and more people are being forced to work this year. We have the same sign up list we have always had, and no senior employee can be forced to work while a junior employee gets the day off.
I think we have mostly taken our holidays for granted and not actually looked at the wording in the contract is the reason for the reaction this year.

You've Got Mail

If I work 8 hours not including 1 hour lunch, I'll only make $225 if it's time and a half. $300 if double time.

How is anyone making $1,000 in one day?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think we have mostly taken our holidays for granted and not actually looked at the wording in the contract is the reason for the reaction this year.
Taking things for granted rather than reading the wording of the contract is the underlying cause of many problems.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They have a sign up list for Saturday in my center.

I might do it. I already have 9 hours of OT this week. I work Friday, which is a guaranteed 8 hours of OT plus straight time for both Thursday and Friday. Since Friday will be a total cluster I will probably work at least 10 hours, which gets me to 19 hours of OT for the week. Working Saturday means another 8 hours of guaranteed overtime.60 hours of straight time and 27 hours of overtime on one check? Its worth thinking about. Normally it is impossible for me to work Saturdays during peak due to being out of hours by Friday night, but with Thanksgiving being an off day I could do it this week. Hmmmmmm.......

Do yourself a favor and adjust your W-4 on upsers today to take full advantage of all of the overtime pay.

Kis124

We had no list this year. Our preload starts at 3:10 and then I'm covering the customer counter in the afternoon. I'm already going to get time and a half for my first 5, I'm wondering what ot would be. No one seems to know at my building. Not even the steward

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
To be fair, has there really been a reason up to this point to read the applicable language?
You mean other than being informed to what the contract between you and your employer says? I guess not.

Anyone that has a job anywhere should be interested in what the contract between them and their employer says.