1/30/23 announcement

MassWineGuy

Our SM posted a job notice for someone to correct address and other errors on eSTAR. I don’t really understand it, but it’s been open for weeks.

Star B

White Lightening
Our SM posted a job notice for someone to correct address and other errors on eSTAR. I don’t really understand it, but it’s been open for weeks.
that is called ACO/PIO. and you don't "correct" errors on e*, you correct errors on the inbound shipments from the shippers doing crappy data -- aka the chinese that ship everything to "Recpt, Recpt, 100 MAIN STREET JOHN DOE NY 60202 USA, JOHN DOE, NY, 60202" -- the system can't figure out what street "100 MAIN STREET JOHN DOE NY 60202 USA" is, so it holds it for ACO/PIO.

It helps with the E* output, but E* does what E* does and still screws up -- and theres nothing that can be done until the ROADs source data is completely decoupled from E*.

SmithBarney

Less than 2 weeks and estar is dead for us... so it's back to Saturdays for estar... and maybe we'll see it again in the spring.

Problems? well estar has some... many. Routing, driving in circles. Volume, dropping multi bulks on one route, effeciency.. routes are running more miles, at lower stops per hour. too many issues.. estar wants about 20 more routes than we have drivers for.

Guitarman01

So this is one of those nights where response makes no sense. It's absolutely brutal outside and some of these guys are running around back country in -35 wind chills in blizzard conditions. I don't see how it's not an absolute liability for Fedex across the northern states. It's this type of logic that makes me not want to work for Fedex. Response can't end soon enough but what are they just going to lay these guys off after peak after enduring this :censored2:?

lilwizbiz

It is finished. The response flights are not on the flight schedule for February.
Where’s the flight schedules? I mean it’s been 3 years you’d think that everyone would by now accept that this is the new normal at FedEx. It’s here to stay whether people like it or not.

Last edited:

AB831

Everything at FedEx is a failure. Plan accordingly.
I started in summer of 2016 and left in peak season 2020. They were batting .1000 with failed initiatives. Step progression? Failed. TNT acquisition? Failed. Rotating start times in my station? Failed. LEO? Failed