Any talk of more Express closures

zeev

FedEx getting the old JBHunt playbook out, convince the Express couriers they can keep their route entice them with a goal deal to buy the route. Than of course you must own multiple areas so provide the old “lease option plan” where FedEx leases the vans to the former employees/contractors who make the payments to FedEx

FedupExpress

I don't think anyone in their right mind would purchase anything affiliated with fedex at this point.

We had our state of the station meeting last Thursday and our señoir basically said our station is in jeopardy .. We are doing terribly...

We are supposed to be one of the better larger stations in the area so that means everyone else is screwed.

Gone fishin

I don't think anyone in their right mind would purchase anything affiliated with fedex at this point.

We had our state of the station meeting last Thursday and our señoir basically said our station is in jeopardy .. We are doing terribly...

We are supposed to be one of the better larger stations in the area so that means everyone else is screwed.
It amazes me Fedx is taking this approach , they’re destroying their company. This is no good for any segment

zeev

Do better but guess what your still screwed, it depends on Ground in your area can they take the freight if yes than your done.

By this time next year all of Express in the US will crumble and close. Ground slaves will have to clean up the mess but they should be smart enough to quit and run for the hills long before that happens. Service will tank tank tank and dissatisfied shippers will cut Fedex loose before long.

Meat

By this time next year all of Express in the US will crumble and close. Ground slaves will have to clean up the mess but they should be smart enough to quit and run for the hills long before that happens. Service will tank tank tank and dissatisfied shippers will cut Fedex loose before long.

Yes, service may tank, tank, tank, but will people Talk, Talk, Talk…

FedupExpress

It seems like companies are already ditching FedEx at an alarming rate.

bacha29

FedEx getting the old JBHunt playbook out, convince the Express couriers they can keep their route entice them with a goal deal to buy the route. Than of course you must own multiple areas so provide the old “lease option plan” where FedEx leases the vans to the former employees/contractors who make the payments to FedEx
Spot on. Comes back to the same old inescapable fact. Getting to scale requires putting more and more borrowed money at risk....but for what? A unilaterally drafted and implemented one year contract whose terms are totally one sided , provides zero economic protection for that borrowed money , language vague and ambiguous allowing FDX to do whatever they damn well please and because there's no governing legal authority in place with the power to make that contract such as it is binding upon FDX .

Granted, for a few years the returns and operating margins made the risks along with being cuffed around and slapped around by FDX a even trade off.

Not anymore. They'll grind the contractor returns down to the minimum resulting in the market value of the contract which is the only thing the contractor had to look forward to dissipate right before his very eyes.

zeev

Called lease to own trucking companies often made more on the leases than on the freight. Want to be an owner operator than buy a used tractor for 20-30k and take the highest bidder.

bacha29

Called lease to own trucking companies often made more on the leases than on the freight. Want to be an owner operator than buy a used tractor for 20-30k and take the highest bidder.
The key word here is USED. You might get lucky and get one that is only 50% worn out . Might be enough to get you leased on someplace but most won't take on anybody whose rig is more than 4 years old.

Thebrownblob

And prices that are extraordinarily high

Lol I'm in California, the majority of our pick ups are switching to UPS or just straight post office

Every day people are being sent home due to no work and the PM is only heavy Thursday/Friday.
We had two very large nation wide laboratories switch from FedEx back to UPS starting next week thousands of next day air packages a day.

FedupExpress

We had two very large nation wide laboratories switch from FedEx back to UPS starting next week thousands of next day air packages a day.
Yup, I went to a pickup the other day that use to be notoriously heavy and there was one 12x4.5 box...

The customer said, "it comes and goes".

Well I think at fedex it just goes 🤣