1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

vantexan

Sometimes.

I find the Bible useful. It does help me to know God.

You brought it up.

The Good News.

By the Spirit and not the flesh.

Only in that they point us to Jesus.

The apostles way is not the way, Jesus is the way.

Obviously you still do. Face it my friend we all pick and choose, that is obvious.

Absolutistic thinking is viewed as a cognitive distortion to some in the field of psychology.
The Apostles were directed by the Holy Spirit. You continue to discount their writings, saying you are directed by the Holy Spirit. And you refuse to acknowledge that we must take the New Testament in its entirety. You claim that I pick and choose but you don't say how I'm doing that. Yet you're on record here rejecting some of what the Apostles wrote. You want homosexuality to be ok. You want abortion to be ok. You think the Jesus who drove the merchants and money changers out of the temple isn't the Jesus you know. You apparently believe that the whole world will be saved no matter how they live. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but you appear in favor of not punishing criminals for their crimes no matter how heinous. Just continue to love them. No taking them off the street to prevent future victims. And just love the victims too, no prevention to keep them from being victims. Everything is God's will. You say we have free will but turn around and say nothing happens unless God wants it to. So essentially we don't have free will. No judgement. We are here to just exist with no rules to govern our behavior beyond loving one another. If a man grabs a child, molests and murders her to keep from being caught, just love him because God does. Pat her mother on her back and say it's all part of God's plan. No accountability, no prevention. What will be will be. If I'm wrong on your stands then please correct me other than a one or two word response. Please tell me how I'm wrong. Please show us the way. Seriously.

Non liberal

I hear you.

Just wondering what the personal motivation was.

IMO Hatred, misery, human dysfunction and loss of humanity doesn’t need more views or exposure. God’s amazing, sacrificial, and unconditional love for the world needs more views and exposure.
Did u ever hear the saying “ the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn’t exist?” You can’t pretend evil doesn’t exist, it needs to be brought to light to show people how disgusting it is.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
As the Holy Spirit enable I obey the 2 commandments of the Lord.

I can only do that because of His great love for me.

Yes. I am glad to see that you seek obedience to His 2 commandments as well.

God so loves the world.
This isn't even a "nice try." (His will is more than two commandments) Deflect.
Have you obeyed the Gospel of Christ?

Also, the personal relationship you spout about, you do know that any relationship that works requires agreement between at least two persons? Since it's God we're talking about, I wonder if you ever considered what he requires in order to have a relationship? That just maybe since it's God, and he went to some trouble, you know, giving his Son to die and everything, if maybe he might have given some conditions you need to meet in order to be in the relationship that he planned.
Your personal relationship just might not be personal at all, no matter what you "feel".
Maybe a relationship that is based on your terms and feelings isn't even close to what you think it is. There are a zillion examples of folks in scripture who "felt" and "thought" what they were doing was pleasing God, but what is seen is they were only pleasing themselves. Their end was not good.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Apostles were directed by the Holy Spirit. You continue to discount their writings, saying you are directed by the Holy Spirit. And you refuse to acknowledge that we must take the New Testament in its entirety. You claim that I pick and choose but you don't say how I'm doing that. Yet you're on record here rejecting some of what the Apostles wrote. You want homosexuality to be ok. You want abortion to be ok. You think the Jesus who drove the merchants and money changers out of the temple isn't the Jesus you know. You apparently believe that the whole world will be saved no matter how they live. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but you appear in favor of not punishing criminals for their crimes no matter how heinous. Just continue to love them. No taking them off the street to prevent future victims. And just love the victims too, no prevention to keep them from being victims. Everything is God's will. You say we have free will but turn around and say nothing happens unless God wants it to. So essentially we don't have free will. No judgement. We are here to just exist with no rules to govern our behavior beyond loving one another. If a man grabs a child, molests and murders her to keep from being caught, just love him because God does. Pat her mother on her back and say it's all part of God's plan. No accountability, no prevention. What will be will be. If I'm wrong on your stands then please correct me other than a one or two word response. Please tell me how I'm wrong. Please show us the way. Seriously.
The Apostles were directed by the Holy Spirit.
Yes but that did not make their writings perfect.
You continue to discount their writings, saying you are directed by the Holy Spirit.
Yes I do.
And you refuse to acknowledge that we must take the New Testament in its entirety.
IMO that is a mentally unhealthy thing to do. All or nothing thinking is unhealthy based upon my observation and experience.
You claim that I pick and choose but you don't say how I'm doing that.
You are doing it by pushing your views even now.
Yet you're on record here rejecting some of what the Apostles wrote.
Yes I am.
You want homosexuality to be ok.
No.
You want abortion to be ok.
No.
You think the Jesus who drove the merchants and money changers out of the temple isn't the Jesus you know.
I am not convinced that this is accurate and/or accurately understood.
You apparently believe that the whole world will be saved no matter how they live.
I don’t recall saying that.
And, correct me if I'm wrong, but you appear in favor of not punishing criminals for their crimes no matter how heinous.
You stand corrected.
Just continue to love them.
Yes.
No taking them off the street to prevent future victims.
No
And just love the victims too,
Yes
no prevention to keep them from being victims.
No
Everything is God's will.
Yes
You say we have free will but turn around and say nothing happens unless God wants it to.
Never said that.
So essentially we don't have free will.
Never said that.
No judgement.
Yes
We are here to just exist with no rules to govern our behavior beyond loving one another.
Never said that.
If a man grabs a child, molests and murders her to keep from being caught, just love him because God does.
Absurd.
Pat her mother on her back and say it's all part of God's plan. No accountability, no prevention.
Absurd as well.
What will be will be. If I'm wrong on your stands then please correct me other than a one or two word response.
You stand corrected. 3 words
Please tell me how I'm wrong. Please show us the way. Seriously.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Did u ever hear the saying “ the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn’t exist?” You can’t pretend evil doesn’t exist, it needs to be brought to light to show people how disgusting it is.
Did u ever hear the saying “ the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn’t exist?”
No.
You can’t pretend evil doesn’t exist, it needs to be brought to light to show people how disgusting it is.
Ok. People can do some horrible things.

Integrity

Binge Poster
This isn't even a "nice try." (His will is more than two commandments) Deflect.

Also, the personal relationship you spout about, you do know that any relationship that works requires agreement between at least two persons? Since it's God we're talking about, I wonder if you ever considered what he requires in order to have a relationship? That just maybe since it's God, and he went to some trouble, you know, giving his Son to die and everything, if maybe he might have given some conditions you need to meet in order to be in the relationship that he planned.
Your personal relationship just might not be personal at all, no matter what you "feel".
Maybe a relationship that is based on your terms and feelings isn't even close to what you think it is. There are a zillion examples of folks in scripture who "felt" and "thought" what they were doing was pleasing God, but what is seen is they were only pleasing themselves. Their end was not good.
This isn't even a "nice try." (His will is more than two commandments) Deflect
I disagree. There are 2 commandments.
Yes.
Also, the personal relationship you spout about, you do know that any relationship that works requires agreement between at least two persons?
God loved me first. He made the first move.
Since it's God we're talking about, I wonder if you ever considered what he requires in order to have a relationship? That just maybe since it's God, and he went to some trouble, you know, giving his Son to die and everything, if maybe he might have given some conditions you need to meet in order to be in the relationship that he planned.
Considered it. No this doesn’t apply.

vantexan

Yes but that did not make their writings perfect.

Yes I do.

IMO that is a mentally unhealthy thing to do. All or nothing thinking is unhealthy based upon my observation and experience.

You are doing it by pushing your views even now.

Yes I am.

No.

No.

I am not convinced that this is accurate and/or accurately understood.

I don’t recall saying that.

You stand corrected.

Yes.

No

Yes

No

Yes

Never said that.

Never said that.

Yes

Never said that.

Absurd.

Absurd as well.

You stand corrected. 3 words
You're being dishonest. And explaining your position with more than a few words isn't accomplished by giving more few worded answers.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes and it needs to be understood among the public that those horrible things are not acceptable. Thou shall not kill. Right?
We have laws and a government by the people for the people, right?

These can be upheld with due process and without spiritual judgement and condemnation, no?

How do you do this in your personal life?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ok, so we shouldn’t do what we can to stop it? Just let it happen like we’re numb to it? Would Jesus see these things happen and not condemn them?
Ok, so we shouldn’t do what we can to stop it?
Whoa said that?
Just let it happen like we’re numb to it?
Who said that?
Would Jesus see these things happen and not condemn them?
Yes.

It seems to me that Jesus was most troubled by the established religion and self righteous of His day.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It might be good news. But it's not THE good news.
The gospel according to you is not the gospel according to Christ.
Maybe not according to you, but it is to me.

Gospel means Good News.

The Good News is God so loves the world.

The very existence of humanity and all things before and after flow from God’s infinite love.

That is the Good News.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It might "seem" that way to you but, you're wrong according to scripture. Jesus was most troubled by sin. That's why he died.
Never said Jesus was troubled by sin although I do believe out of His great love He did have a desire and heart for people not to continue in their personal sin.

It is clear, according to written Judeo-Christian written tradition, he admonished the established religious leaders and teachers of the law on occasion.