1 in 4 women have abortions? Wow.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Yup.

I Catholic and personally Pro Life. If there was never another abortion I would be happy. But I’m also realistic.

The problem with Conservatives is they want all babies born but then don’t want to pay the burden. They also don’t want to assist with pregnancy prevention.

Birth control should be extremely cheap or free. Well mother care for pregnant women should be a main principle. Adoptions should be facilitated and easier. Maternal and paternal leave should be greatly expanded. WIC and other public assistance for poor mothers should be expanded.

I know what the response will be.
My state has not a liberal but rather a little bit more accommodative abortion law and is now gearing up for a big influx of women from the surrounding states who have strict Southern style abortions laws.

Now the state has around 15-16K kids in foster care. And as is the case in other states only about 1 in 5 get adopted. Now if my state were to adopt a Southern style abortion law that number is almost certain to explode upward. In my state it's the county Children and Youth Services Department that handles child welfare cases including foster care and is my county's largest budget line item. It is a county whose real estate tax millage is already at the highest level current law will allow. Now if there is the huge increase in the number of kids placed under the care of CYS it's budget will require a huge increase as well as hiring more CYS social workers. It's a thankless and dangerous job that requires a 4 year college degree....and oh yeah....the job pay 30K a year.

Good luck finding them .
the practical implications of abortion or no-abortion are not important; what's important is the culture of death it facilitates and the countless other issues that culture seeps into and corrupts

rickyb

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
U gotta be crazy not to have an abortion nowadays. Why would you want to spend the money on another bedroom in this housing market? Why would you want to spend the money on tuition or health insurance? Nuclear war is upon us. There's no future for you.
Suicide is always an option for you.

fishtm2001

'Yesterday this court said that the individual right to bear arms which was decided just 15 years ago is an inviolable fundamental right which means states cannot infringe the right to carry a gun anywhere, any time. The right to abortion, which has been in place for 50 years, was just overturned and sent back to the states because it’s just not as fundamental as the God-given right to shoot up elementary schools."

Digby

newolddude

Suicide is always an option for you.
56bc7338dd0895eb0a8b468a

Thebrownblob

The Supreme Court didn't outlaw abortion, they just made it a state's issue like it should have been all along. I'm sure there will be plenty of states that will still allow it.
They did the right thing, everyone knew Roe v. Wade was a garbage ruling should’ve been overturned decades ago. In reality this effectively changes nothing in 95% of the states.