$10,000,000 in BACKPAY!!! ?

U

upsdude

Ex,

Let's not forget that a driver will spend almost half his workday DRIVING!!! ? On the other hand, the fulltime sorter is in the grind for 8 hours plus doing "real" work.

Lets see..

Yesterday

137 Stops, 301 pieces (35 were 50 lb. cases of paper delivered to 3 different storage units), 22 pickup stops, 48 miles. My route has 22 apartment complexes. BTW, why is it that the folks on the 2nd and 3rd floor are the only ones that receive products via UPS? LOL! I guess 1st floor folks can afford to buy stuff.

If you want driver wages and easier work, bid to a drivers job. Or did you try driving in the past and find it was a little more work than you wanted? Hint Real drivers work a little harder than the guys that run Saturday Air. Every inch of the 48 miles I drove yesterday could have not only cost me my job, I could have injured myself or someone else. Every inch required me to Aim High in Steering, Get the Big Picture, Keep my eyes moving, Leave myself an out, and Make them see me. Doesnt sound like much until you throw in rain, sleet or 100 degree heat. I do believe that you guys do your sorting inside, right? How many sorters have been fired for package car accidents? How many of the packages you sort require you to carry them up 3 flights of stairs? How many hand cart loads do you carry up stairs?

Bottom line..

Everyone at UPS works hard, very hard.

D

dannyboy

You have "heard better", you dont "know better". Slight difference in wording, big difference in meaning.

d