100 Greatest NFL players of all time.

FromOffTheStreets

How would Jerry Rice numbers look without Montana and Young?
True. It's a team game. The 1 guy that sticks out is Brady though. Talent wise he's average among QBs but everyone tries to make him the god of QBs.
There are some RBs like Barry & some defensive players that pretty much did everything on their own ability though.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
True. It's a team game. The 1 guy that sticks out is Brady though. Talent wise he's average among QBs but everyone tries to make him the god of QBs.
There are some RBs like Barry & some defensive players that pretty much did everything on their own ability though.
I’m not sure how you can say Brady is average among QBs. He hasn’t had the most talented receivers to throw to his whole career. He has six rings, SIX! And should probably have eight if not for two fluky loses to the Eagles and Giants. Did you watch him in the second half of the Super Bowl against Atlanta? I can’t stand the guy, but don’t think he’s average at all. He’s pretty amazing.

Serf

I’m not sure how you can say Brady is average among QBs. He hasn’t had the most talented receivers to throw to his whole career. He has six rings, SIX! And should probably have eight if not for two fluky loses to the Eagles and Giants. Did you watch him in the second half of the Super Bowl against Atlanta? I can’t stand the guy, but don’t think he’s average at all. He’s pretty amazing.
Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. Is a 4 star General. What they(Pats) and him have accomplished since 2001 is likely never to be seen again in the NFL.

FromOffTheStreets

I'm simply saying if Brady was drafted by the Browns he would have been a Romo level QB. Pretty good but not the G.O.A.T. He hit the lottery with the Patriots.
A good way to measure it is when Brady was knocked out for a year Matt Cassel leads them to like a 9-7 record. You dont see "regular" teams hold together that well when their starting QB goes down.
Around that same time peyton manning was out for a year & Indianapolis goes 1-15.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Matt Cassel can't carry Brady's jockstrap.

Just think, the Brady phenomenon may never have been had the Jets not knocked Bledsoe out of the game (and ultimately his job).

Bridgewater, Minshew, Allen and Brissett, among others, have all done unexpectedly well when thrust in to the starter's role; in fact, Kyle Allen's play has made it that much easier for the Panthers to save $19M by releasing Cam Newton. Josh Allen is doing much better in his second year; however, both Darnold and Mayfield have gone backward.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I'm simply saying if Brady was drafted by the Browns he would have been a Romo level QB. Pretty good but not the G.O.A.T. He hit the lottery with the Patriots.
A good way to measure it is when Brady was knocked out for a year Matt Cassel leads them to like a 9-7 record. You dont see "regular" teams hold together that well when their starting QB goes down.
Around that same time peyton manning was out for a year & Indianapolis goes 1-15.
Are implying that if Romo played for New England his entire career he’d have six rings?

FromOffTheStreets

Are implying that if Romo played for New England his entire career he’d have six rings?
With Romo new England probably still has @ least 4.
With Rodgers or Brees new England could have more than 6.
All I'm saying is that the Patriots as a complete organization has been far superior to any other team over the last 20 years. & I think that would have been true with or without Brady.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
With Romo new England probably still has @ least 4.
With Rodgers or Brees new England could have more than 6.
All I'm saying is that the Patriots as a complete organization has been far superior to any other team over the last 20 years. & I think that would have been true with or without Brady.
Before getting Brady the Pats hadn't done anything, and Belicheck was an average coach who got fired from his last job. Saying that Brady has only been successful because of the organization is straight up delusional. He's the best QB to ever play the game and it's not even close.