100% Surveillance by UPS outside of work; Cell Phone & Computer Usage

over9five

Staff member
segway cops.jpg

Speaking of getting laughed at....!

C

chuchu

OK- good topic, this is actually why I signed up here on Brown Cafe. So my paranoid question IS: has anybody heard about or thought about those speaker holes on the bottom of our DIAD boards and wondered if they can use the speaker which in reverse is also a microphone and listen to any in cab conversations while on our personal phones, while talking to other drivers, or customers? Anybody been pulled into the office and had a conversation played back to them off the computer? Thanks....
The microphone IS the little slot on the right side on the face of the diad above the keyboard. Before the new diads rolled out a sup (who no longer works there) told me about the training they got on the new bells and whistles that came with the diads and he said there will be a program coming out that allows the management to talk AND LISTEN to people through the microphine and speaker system in the new diads. If you check the summary of oms messages in the diad at the end of the day you will see there is one catagory that lists messages thru the diad (like we receive them now) and one catagory listing VOCAL messages and responses. Put your thumb over the diad mic hole when you talk or leave the area where the diad is when talking on your phone. A tech that used to be in our center showed me the layout of the diad (on his computer disk) before it was implemented and it said the little microphone has a pretty sensitive range to hear us easily. If you are a steward that does your job well, be aware.