110 year sentence for truck driver....see?

Its an option if you have more time to go but not worth the hassle if you only have a couple of more years left.
I'm only putting a couple more years in.
I'm comfortable where I'm at . I really do not really care to learn any new jobs

And I'm definitely not a fan of driving at 2:00 in the morning up steep hills during a snow storm.

quad decade guy

Who are you talking to?

"See?" It's like you're screaming, "I told you so!!" to someone.

Make good decisions and be safe, not difficult.
All you tough guy, hothead loudmouths....the safety deniers.

You know the folks who belittle over load retainers? Look the other way and stay silent as fellow drivers do stupidly, dangerous stuff on the yard and on the road. Being deliberately obstinate.....making glib generalizations.

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE....LISTEN UP.

And yeah, I've been telling "someone" for awhile...

Not difficult....true.

Cowboy Mac

Any info on this guy? I seriously remember hearing that he was an illegal. Was that true? Idk. Obviously, he isnt gonna have any licensing of thats the case.
Green card holder. Looks to me like a young, naive driver without the proper training or respect for the dangers of the job.

quad decade guy

Btw, I received 2 days "training" and took my State driving test the 3rd. Had never even looked inside a tractor.

Was instructed about lower gearing on grades and such. No driving instruction. No practice.

Went sleepers and NEVER received any formal training....matter of fact not a word. Told to report an hour early my first day of sleepers to find out about HOW TO DO SLEEPERS....absolutely true.

Turned loose on every road in America. Any mountain road was possible.

I think this style of management is at least stupidly negligent.

And if I crashed and burned down mountain road....? Would be some great questions there.....about training....experience.

We don't have "mountains" around here.

All you tough guy, hothead loudmouths....the safety deniers.

You know the folks who belittle over load retainers? Look the other way and stay silent as fellow drivers do stupidly, dangerous stuff on the yard and on the road. Being deliberately obstinate.....making glib generalizations.

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE....LISTEN UP.

And yeah, I've been telling "someone" for awhile...

Not difficult....true.
Ok everyone, quiet the hell down so @quad decade guy can hear himself talk!!! It's important he hears himself being important and stuff!!!!

@Bastiatian really??
Screenshot_20211218-145014.png

My dad (RIP) told me airs have a failsafe where air loss stops the truck. I think he's lying
Hes right, but....Brake loss doesn't have to be by air or hydraulic loss, if you "overcook" the brakes they get too hot and become useless, you can put it to the floor and get nothing. The tractor/trailer uses the same pads/shoes for emergency braking, so if he burned them off there would be no failsafe.

Hes right, but....Brake loss doesn't have to be by air or hydraulic loss, if you "overcook" the brakes they get too hot and become useless, you can put it to the floor and get nothing. The tractor/trailer uses the same pads/shoes for emergency braking, so if he burned them off there would be no failsafe.
I was wrong 110 years isn't enough He should get the death penalty