110 year sentence for truck driver....see?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Still lots of good ole boys open carrying their ars there. All i know, if i was in that line of cars, id have beaten him to death if i was physically able.
Good ol boys open carrying aren't your typical bullet to the head on side of the road type...

As hard as that might be to accept to some...

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Should just run him over with a semi. Surprised no one put a bullet in his head on the spot, being it happened in colorado. I remember hearing the * cant even speak english, i figured he was illegal too.
More out there like this on the road than we know or like to think about.
Yeah, its gonna get worse.

meritocracy

To some extent this stuff is the driver's fault, but I think some of you guys are missing the big picture which is that the decline in standards, union membership, and regulation over the years is what really causes this kind of thing. We used to take trucking more seriously in the country. Nowadays anyone can become a driver and get a job hauling dangerous cargo in a massive death machine until they can't keep their eyes open anymore...and make a pitiful amount of money in the process.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
To some extent this stuff is the driver's fault, but I think some of you guys are missing the big picture which is that the decline in standards, union membership, and regulation over the years is what really causes this kind of thing. We used to take trucking more seriously in the country. Nowadays anyone can become a driver and get a job hauling dangerous cargo in a massive death machine until they can't keep their eyes open anymore...and make a pitiful amount of money in the process.
My dad (731) told me about the border scabs that made dump truck drivers get a bad reputation

quad decade guy

Interesting.

UPS has some of the most dangerous drivers on Earth. Stupidly dangerous. Deliberately obstinate. As seen on BC.

HOS and such(DOT physical standards are a result of the bad ole days. Positive steps.

New equipment standards and technology.

Union members being loudmouth, hothead thugs(seen on BC for example) doesn't add ANYTHING.

As an unintended consequence of......progressive discipline....multiple wrecks....just keep our worst(most unsafe) in place to harm again.

And regulation......in Cali. for example: truckers are being regulated out of existence...

And dangerous jobs? They're everywhere. Fatigue? We(BC) had an example of one driver trying to run a trucking company driving down the road in UPS equipment. Skirting DOT rest protocol.

UPS is littered with these kinds of folks. The Union just makes the problem worse and better at the same time.

As far as blame for this tragedy? Unless equipment failure......all him.

Well he's still intentionally new that he had faulty equipment and decide to keep on going until he crashed and killed all those people.