110 year sentence for truck driver....see?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
They are separate incidents.

I am willing to discuss them but doing so here, I feel it would only be a derailment from the main topic.

My suggestion is to start a thread.
It’s a simple YES, NO, NO….
You answer like that all the time.

So, are you ashamed that you’d throw 2 cops under the bus, but let Baldwin and the Cuban killer walk because “they didn’t intend” to kill??

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I'm sure it happens more than most of us realize.

The key difference is he knew they was not working

He passed up the runaway truck ramps

He was also doing 80 and a 45 mph zone

That my friend is not an accident
That's just complete disregard for everyone else

Sorry if I sound cool and heartless but I feel no pity or mercy for this POS at all but I feel no pity or mercy for this POS at all
As the driver, he had an obligation to try and mitigate the damage by driving off the road or into the runaway ramp. Even if it meant his death. He should have gotten more years in jail.

quad decade guy

You cannot drive a vehicle that big with non-functioning brakes, pass up runaway truck ramps and doing almost double the speed limit and killing somebody. That's not an accident, that's murder
Murder: Killing someone with premeditation. Clearly not the case here.

Now, being stupid and negligent is a whole other discussion. Killing someone in the process.

quad decade guy

As the driver, he had an obligation to try and mitigate the damage by driving off the road or into the runaway ramp. Even if it meant his death. He should have gotten more years in jail.
Where is this "obligation" written? I can't remember ever being told by anyone that it was my obligation to kill myself to prevent an accident. I would try personally. This isn't a movie......

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Where is this "obligation" written? I can't remember ever being told by anyone that it was my obligation to kill myself to prevent an accident. I would try personally. This isn't a movie......
I never said it was written. But morally and ethically, I think it’s an unwritten one. No one said it’s a movie. I would have tried.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You cannot drive a vehicle that big with non-functioning brakes, pass up runaway truck ramps and doing almost double the speed limit and killing somebody. That's not an accident, that's murder
I think there is no denying that it is a horrific vehicle accident with fatalities.

I just can’t see this as extreme as murder.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I think there is no denying that it is a horrific vehicle accident with fatalities.

I just can’t see this as extreme as murder.
Does it matter that the Law process was over-ridden by a politician because 3 million people didn’t like it and a liberal governor got involved with 30 days or so?
You’re ok with that?