114° Friday, how hot was your delivery area?

Working in the heat is inhumane? Haha. UPS drivers aren't the only profession that works outside. Are you saying that all construction workers are treated inhumanely? Or firefighters? You should go travel to some other countries and have a look at what real inhumane conditions are. Inhumane in my mind also indicates an inability to leave the job, which we can do whenever we choose to.
Tell the construction worker to sort the truck for 20 to 30 mins when it hits 140 degrees.

Fedex drivers have Ac... Why do People always settle for less! I just don’t under stand.

I guess you have Stockholm syndrome... You will believe what ever the hostage takers (UPS) will say!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Working in the heat is inhumane? Haha. UPS drivers aren't the only profession that works outside. Are you saying that all construction workers are treated inhumanely? Or firefighters? You should go travel to some other countries and have a look at what real inhumane conditions are. Inhumane in my mind also indicates an inability to leave the job, which we can do whenever we choose to.

The difference DUMBO is we have to die in the back of a 120* truck looking for that 1 last package of 5 that was jammed into a bricked out truck because DPS doesn't give a :censored2: about anything other than Stops Per Car and now Pieces Per Car! 0 consideration for the working conditions of their employees for the past 4 years is about to bite the company n the ARSE!

Dumbo

Tell the construction worker to sort the truck for 20 to 30 mins when it hits 140 degrees.

Fedex drivers have Ac... Why do People always settle for less! I just don’t under stand.

I guess you have Stockholm syndrome... You will believe what ever the hostage takers (UPS) will say!

I agree that they should put some sort of cooling system in the back, however, I can't take people like you seriously when you use terms like "hostage takers". You must call anybody who doesn't agree with your political beliefs "Nazis" also. Your job is voluntary. I just can't stand people who theatrically compare their situation to something they have no idea about and would piss their little panties if they actually saw what inhumane is, or slavery is. Classic first world privilege. Try to get everything for free, never suffer any inconveniences or discomfort, and blame some higher power for hostage taking whenever you don't get what you want.

The difference DUMBO is we have to die in the back of a 120* truck looking for that 1 last package of 5 that was jammed into a bricked out truck because DPS doesn't give a :censored2: about anything other than Stops Per Car and now Pieces Per Car! 0 consideration for the working conditions of their employees for the past 4 years is about to bite the company n the ARSE!
only 4 years?

Dumbo

Again, theatrical by saying we have to "die". You have a higher chance being struck by lightening then dying in the back of a package car. Seriously, how many times has it happened? Not saying it can't happen or wont but it's a little ridiculous saying we have to "die". A construction worker has a higher chance of being hit by a car , but do they say they have to die to to their job? Theres inherent job risk with any outdoor profession.

Maybe we should stage a "die in"?

Last edited:

Benben

only 4 years?

Trying not to be overly theatrical by limiting it to 4 years :blushing2:. It has gotten a lot worse the last few years, Stops per car came out after this current contract was adopted if I remember correctly.

Again, theatrical by saying we have to "die".

yeah, but we are in the last inning before the vote to replace a 5 year contract that ends in 23 days! The time for being mellow has long since passed!

Indecisi0n

A simple dr note can’t eradicate that.
Was told if he was following the methods and properly hydrating then it would have never happened. They wanted to get him for stealing time since he was being paid while he was laying on the ground for 10 minutes until he woke up.

Was told if he was following the methods and properly hydrating then it would have never happened. They wanted to get him for stealing time since he was being paid while he was laying on the ground for 10 minutes until he woke up.
They are not doctors, they don’t know that.

Benben

In the Contract it states very clearly the company can not discipline using technology for "personal time." Defend on that and slap a harassment grievance on top!

Indecisi0n

In the Contract it states very clearly the company can not discipline using technology for "personal time." Defend on that and slap a harassment grievance on top!
They didn't use technology. There was a witness having coffee at an outside table that came forward.

On the job injury. Start a comp claim. Get a wellness check. Get a note from a dr saying “there is no conclusive evidence that this happened from not being prepared for the job.” Case closed, but not only that, it is documented with the state.

Last edited:

Benben

They wanted to get him for stealing time since he was being paid while he was laying on the ground for 10 minutes until he woke up.

The driver got lucky! Once you stop sweating your body has no way to coll off. At that point you are basically baking your brain if you do not get into a cooler enviroment.

There was a witness having coffee at an outside table that came forward.
Also says, "management has to personal observe." At some point someone is going to have to force them (Managers) to take a step back and act, or appear to act, like a human! Saying, "not prepared to work was a contributing factor" is one thing. Accusing the theft of time is a whole different ballgame.

I agree that they should put some sort of cooling system in the back, however, I can't take people like you seriously when you use terms like "hostage takers". You must call anybody who doesn't agree with your political beliefs "Nazis" also. Your job is voluntary. I just can't stand people who theatrically compare their situation to something they have no idea about and would piss their little panties if they actually saw what inhumane is, or slavery is. Classic first world privilege. Try to get everything for free, never suffer any inconveniences or discomfort, and blame some higher power for hostage taking whenever you don't get what you want.
You bring up slavery like there weren’t people that would be saying the same thing that you are saying... Do you think there was little Resistant to the freeing the slaves?

We work harder then laborer out there in the business. Hands down! On top of it we deal with the most stressful company to work for in the world! Anything worse would be slavery... Both are still wrong and two wrongs don’t make a right!