114° Friday, how hot was your delivery area?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
That’ll take up too much room. Got to fit 5 couches and a trampoline back there.
I
Solar-Roof-Fan-Solar-Ventilators-Solar-Powered-Attic.jpg

Roof mount solar power fan... just like this compact one on a boat:

SVT-224SP-1.jpg

Not intrusive at all and totally self contained... sunny long days can keep the air flow until dusk.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Hence the solar roof fan idea.... it'll be constantly on while the sun is out.

Nothing else to worry about.

Rain? It should be cooler then.

Sundown x then it's gonna be cooler too

upsgrunt

HVAC place on my route has these "cooling vests" that the workers use when they have attic work. They are basically liquid filled that they keep in a freezer until they are needed. I tried one on, and it literally took my breath away. I always wanted to get one, but it would take 2, and a big enough ice chest to keep one in as they only have a cooling effect for a couple hours, and they are about 250- 300 dollars EACH.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Drivers that don’t take care of their health are idoits. What does management have to do with the fact you are dumb and are not drinking when it’s 114 outside? People act like it’s not like this ever summer lol. Also voting yes or no won’t change the fact that they will still be sitting behind a desk while we work our burrs off...

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
HVAC place on my route has these "cooling vests" that the workers use when they have attic work. They are basically liquid filled that they keep in a freezer until they are needed. I tried one on, and it literally took my breath away. I always wanted to get one, but it would take 2, and a big enough ice chest to keep one in as they only have a cooling effect for a couple hours, and they are about 250- 300 dollars EACH.
They make those wet towels you can put around your neck. I use one every day. Just wet it ever hour or so and it helps a ton. Also drinking water...

BrownSkid

LeBrown Shames
Drivers that don’t take care of their health are idoits. What does management have to do with the fact you are dumb and are not drinking when it’s 114 outside? People act like it’s not like this ever summer lol. Also voting yes or no won’t change the fact that they will still be sitting behind a desk while we work our burrs off...

Exactly, I guess we really do have drivers that are intellectually challenged and need to be told to hydrate during the heat wave.

Those same drivers, I'm afraid will take the bait on this tentatively agreed contract and vote yes. Pathetic.

upsgrunt

They make those wet towels you can put around your neck. I use one every day. Just wet it ever hour or so and it helps a ton. Also drinking water...

I've been around the block a time or two; long enough where we had to deliver in long pants, and use paper records. Writing on sweaty paper with dripping sweaty hands is almost as bad as the jungle rot you'd get on your crotch. It was disgustingly hot and gross.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I dont think you understand how full the truck is my guy.
Uh, I'm no engineer, but wouldn't a fuller package car have less air volume that needed to be cooled/circulated by a fan?

Would equipping all new package cars with some sort of venting be that hard?

They've got Workhorse inventing this "horsefly" rooftop drone delivery system, but they can't engineer a simple fan/vent system? Give me a friggin break.

El Correcto

god is dead
Uh, I'm no engineer, but wouldn't a fuller package car have less air volume that needed to be cooled/circulated by a fan?

They've got Workhorse inventing this "horsefly" rooftop drone delivery system, but they can't engineer a simple fan/vent system? Give me a friggin break.
Not having ac is motivation to drive faster with the doors open my guy.

MAKAVELI

The engineer's could simply put AC in the cab as well. It's really not that complicated.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not having ac is motivation to drive faster with the doors open my guy.
Whatever man, my tractor's air conditioning is ice cold, and my IVIS is "broken" and doesn't record my idle time.

Just seems like it wouldn't be too difficult to get some venting so the package cars would at least be around ambient temperature back there.

If you're comfortable with your hell more power to you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The engineer's could simply put AC in the cab as well. It's really not that complicated.
With a fan I wasn't ever really that uncomfortable in the cab. But there were times digging for a package where I'd literally have to come back to the cab to take a breather, then go back in and start searching again.

It's seriously unsafe down here in the South.