12 years in service

542thruNthru

Just out of curiosity? I retired many moons ago from the same Teamster region as you will. And I have talked to a few local younger drivers who tell me the minimum age for them is 55 for retirement now. What contract year was that changed? I assume if that is true, you are grandfathered in if FT prior to the change is this correct?

I was one of those retired at 49. So has the medical part changed? Or is it still you have to be 50 to keep health insurance or 55? I had to make sure I did my due diligence to make sure this part of my retirement was seamless. The monies were important but the health insurance was Muey Important'e!

I know nothing of Teamcare and or who gets this??? My medical comes from the UPS plan not the Teamsters. Your out of 542 so which will you get Teamcare or ????

Gotta run! I see kid's coming thru my ring doorbell and I have to yell at them to GET OFF MY LAWN!

Did you retire under PEER 80?

I honestly don't know when or if it ever did change to be honest. When you retired I was Part Time and you don't really think about that stuff then :)

Shiftless

YUP 300

I don't know of anyone getting Health insurance prior to the age of 50. That is why I had to save all that time up to leave earlier, altho technically still an employee I was considered GONE! RETIRED! OUTTA HERE!

So make sure you have that as a seamless change over when you get to that point.

Shiftless

You are in a area where you can save sick days and vacation days. I piled them up! Not only good in the event something happens to you, once you have stocked piled the days it gives you an earlier out if you want to do so when the time comes.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
I am 14 years old. Can I please retire and get a full pension and health care? Pretty please? I've worked hard my whole life and I am ENTITLED to this.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
YUP 300

I don't know of anyone getting Health insurance prior to the age of 50. That is why I had to save all that time up to leave earlier, altho technically still an employee I was considered GONE! RETIRED! OUTTA HERE!

So make sure you have that as a seamless change over when you get to that point.
I retired at 49 years old last April. It will be exactly 1 year come next week. I retired under PEER 80 in northern California. I did not have to work until 50 to get health care. I had coverage from day 1. It really depends on the individual local as to what the rules are. Bonus...we pay NADA for healthcare here. We've had a small hourly payroll deduction funding our retirement health plan for the last 20-25 years or so. We never had Teamcare or a UPS plan here at all.