$13.00 or $13.70?

Goku

Freaking Target is paying $14 and aiming to hit $15 an hour by the end of the year. And UPS isn't starting people at 15 for another 2+ years? Cheap mfers. But to be fair when your paying drivers $40 an hour something's gotta give. I just got a second job as well. I've been at UPS almost 5 years, sadly you can guess which job pays more.

If you can survive a little bit of time at UPS you'll be making over 16 dollars an hour in no time with full benefits and overtime after 5 hours while still being a part time job.

rudy5150

If you can survive a little bit of time at UPS you'll be making over 16 dollars an hour in no time with full benefits and overtime after 5 hours while still being a part time job.

In some areas part timers don't make overtime till after 5 and a half hours.

allison

Hi I'm a pt employee that started about 5 years ago. Our wages recently increased to $13.00 (15.00 in our region) and the new language scares me into thinking I won't receive the 70c gwi since my wages had been increased prior to this contract. Any insight would be helpful. I attached a picture of what I'm referencing.
I am in the same boat. I have worked part time now for 7 years. I have not gotten my raise yet. I currently make 17.50 an hour. Union says I dont get a raise because I make more right now than the contracted rate. Is that true? So because I earn more now that means I am not going to get any raises?

allison

Union is saying now that I wont get the August 2018 raise because I received a raise in November 2018 for Market Rate Adjustment and I make more than the contract rate which is $15 something. I was told that I received the raise because I became certified in PITO. This does not seem fair that the union is backing this up. It should not matter how much I make, a raise is a raise. I did not see anything in the new contract that specifies this clause. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

SweatPit

i won't bite
Union is saying now that I wont get the August 2018 raise because I received a raise in November 2018 for Market Rate Adjustment and I make more than the contract rate which is $15 something. I was told that I received the raise because I became certified in PITO. This does not seem fair that the union is backing this up. It should not matter how much I make, a raise is a raise. I did not see anything in the new contract that specifies this clause. Does anyone have any ideas on this?
If you been with the company for 7 years you should still get the 70 cent raise. Not sure how the MRA works out there, but I know an MRA has nothing to do with the contract. Talk to a different union steward or call up your local union business agent.

Out here in the Kansas City area anyone with 3 years or less is making $21hr due to a $200 week show up on time bonus. $13hrX25hrs week= $325+ $200 weekly bonus = $525 a week. Takes 15-16 years of part time seniority to make that much out here. Only employees hired after May of 2016 receive the bonus. No one else gets it. Its BS.

browndevil

Is your BA Joe C?

allison

Union is saying that I received a Market Rate Adjustment in October 2018 and I do not qualify for the 70 cents 2018 raise but will get the 75 cents raise in August 2019. Union rep said that is final. I would think the MRA has nothing to do with the contract, but rep says it does. Nothing else I can do if the union is sticking to that answer. That is so unfair for people who have been working long and the new hires are making more in less time than it took us to earn that much.

mikejonesjr

Union is saying that I received a Market Rate Adjustment in October 2018 and I do not qualify for the 70 cents 2018 raise but will get the 75 cents raise in August 2019. Union rep said that is final. I would think the MRA has nothing to do with the contract, but rep says it does. Nothing else I can do if the union is sticking to that answer. That is so unfair for people who have been working long and the new hires are making more in less time than it took us to earn that much.
Yes it's unfair, but they gotta take the money from somewhere to give to the new hires. So all the 2-4 year employees are underpaid this contract so the new guys can get a bump. Sucks

542thruNthru

What it sounds like to me is you were owed a 70c raise Aug 1st 2018. You got a market raise adjustment in October 2018. I'm assuming it was higher then 70c right?

So to UPS and the Union you already got your 70c raise and then the market rate difference back in October.

Sorry but seems legit to me. You don't get to "double dip" so to speak.

BiggieBrown

You make it sound like such a good deal. Just stick in there and you get all this good stuff! What could go wrong??
Wait until he is getting out of bed every morning to the sound of his back cracking like bubble wrap.

Goku

You make it sound like such a good deal. Just stick in there and you get all this good stuff! What could go wrong??
Wait until he is getting out of bed every morning to the sound of his back cracking like bubble wrap.

Everything good in life comes with hard work. Also you should practice proper lifting techniques.

BiggieBrown

Everything good in life comes with hard work. Also you should practice proper lifting techniques.

You know they just say that to cover their :censored2: right?
Do you work here?
At UPS there are very frequent situations where proper lifting techniques aren't feasible. Try unloading package cars coming back clear full from the industrial park on twilight. The package car and the package ends up determining how you bend, not some stupid brochure of "tips."