15 years FT possibility of early retirement. ?

UPS4E

Medical issues are forcing me to think about early retirement. Western States.
Most the injuries are work related. And now some personal medical conditions are adding to my disability. I’m over 55 with 15 years ft just can’t take the wear and tear on the body every day anymore
Have a few Wc injuries settled and now I have new personal injuries that might also make it hard to continue. No inside work building too big/long wait
Ive thought about retiring at UPS and working PT at something I may be able to handle for a few days/hours a week.
Willing to relocate to make the adjust in income as living costs are crazy in Ca.

anyone dealt with this or dealing with it. What could I expect to receive Benefits wise.

Thanks in advance

PT Crazy

They MIGHT offer you a buyout of your pension. Leave now and you might have to wait until you are 65 to collect. Call the union hall and Atlanta.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Medical issues are forcing me to think about early retirement. Western States.
Most the injuries are work related. And now some personal medical conditions are adding to my disability. I’m over 55 with 15 years ft just can’t take the wear and tear on the body every day anymore
Have a few Wc injuries settled and now I have new personal injuries that might also make it hard to continue. No inside work building too big/long wait
Ive thought about retiring at UPS and working PT at something I may be able to handle for a few days/hours a week.
Willing to relocate to make the adjust in income as living costs are crazy in Ca.

anyone dealt with this or dealing with it. What could I expect to receive Benefits wise.

Thanks in advance
You'd get about 3300/month in my local, not sure about Western States. Don't you Guys have Peer 80 or some such?

UPS4E

We do. But that’s still 5 years or so away before I’d hit 80. And my body just can’t take it. 3300 would be fine with me with a move and lower living costs it works.
You'd get about 3300/month in my local, not sure about Western States. Don't you Guys have Peer 80 or some such?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Here if you qualify for ssi and etc. via disability before retirement age, you can perhaps qualify to draw your pension early. Call your pension fund admin. directly.
(a) Eligibility

A Participant may retire on a Disability Pension, regardless of age, if he becomes totally and permanently disabled, as hereinafter defined, when he is Actively Engaged in Covered Employment, as defined in Section 1.01, and he meets all of these requirements:

he meets the General Eligibility Requirements set forth in Section 6.01,
he has at least 10 years of Pension Credit (or 15 years of Pension Credit for Disability Pension payable prior to August 1, 1998),
he works under a Collective Bargaining Agreement that conforms to Maintenance of Benefits Requirements,
he is not an Inactive Vested Participant at the Participant’s Effective Date, and
he has never been in receipt of any pension benefit described in Article VI.

UPS4E

Yeah that’s the big problem. Getting qualified for SSI.
my AME dr said I shouldn’t be working at UPS anymore. But the state says I can still work just not at UPS. I can be a greater at Walmart I guess is what the state thinks.
im refilling with the state now with my new conditions and adding all my old conditions. And praying the state will find me disabled. I don’t even want the states petty amount they will give for the disability. As UPS will give me 85% retirement
At least that’s the way I think it works.
I’ll be hitting the union hall first of the week for more answers.

Here if you qualify for ssi and etc. via disability before retirement age, you can perhaps qualify to draw your pension early. Call your pension fund admin. directly.
(a) Eligibility

A Participant may retire on a Disability Pension, regardless of age, if he becomes totally and permanently disabled, as hereinafter defined, when he is Actively Engaged in Covered Employment, as defined in Section 1.01, and he meets all of these requirements:

he meets the General Eligibility Requirements set forth in Section 6.01,
he has at least 10 years of Pension Credit (or 15 years of Pension Credit for Disability Pension payable prior to August 1, 1998),
he works under a Collective Bargaining Agreement that conforms to Maintenance of Benefits Requirements,
he is not an Inactive Vested Participant at the Participant’s Effective Date, and
he has never been in receipt of any pension benefit described in Article VI.

UPS4E

Where are you located ? I’ve got an appointment for my disability claim with an Atty this week.
In the OP's situation (55 with 15 years full time) that's about what he would get here. If he got a disabilty rating from SSA he would get up to 4500.

UPS4E

Can you elaborate ? What paper? And what are your thoughts.

If I could last another 4.5 years I’d have my 80 and out. But my body just can’t take it anymore. And with my new medical issues I don’t see how I could finish that time.

Already plan to move to a state that I would be able to afford to live if I couldn’t work at all anymore.
Which in time will happen as my condition gets worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Where are you located ? I’ve got an appointment for my disability claim with an Atty this week.
Local 639. Under our pension plan if the SSA rules you disabled you get 100% of your accrued annuity. Over the last 15 years the accrual has averaged around $300/month so you would get about $4500 total.

UPS4E

Anything you can talk about in private? And ideas or suggestions pertaining to my situation?
Trying to keep this on track with out any leaping or jumping.
Someone here must have been in this situation.
or some insight.

I do plan on making calls Monday. Just thought it was worth an ask.

I can't get into it any further as I already said too much . Good luck .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Anything you can talk about in private? And ideas or suggestions pertaining to my situation?
or some insight.

He's BSing you brother.

UPS4E

He's BSing you brother.
And he’s a MOD here ? Great. I see this going nowhere like most all the threads here then if he’s already trolling. Lolol.

thanks for the information. I see your east coast DC.
Born and raised NY. Loved my DC trips as a kid.

Indecisi0n

or some insight.

Listen NO ONE here is going to be able to help you . You need to call your hall and or talk to your local business agent . Every situation is different.