1st day as a driver

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Men-s-New-Balance-1574-Running-Shoes-Brown-113.jpg

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
When you’re driving, only focus on driving safely. When you’re delivering, only focus on delivering safely. Do that all day. And good luck!!
Boy that one liner has been used more then the 50 year old bar whore that still hangs around closing time.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Gets some rest, be ready to learn the area your on because, it will be your route for 30 working days. Dont crash or get hurt and make sure to always kiss your sups ass for the first week when he is with you. After that it's all down hill until you file your first grievance form against your center manager.

IESucks

Go out tomorrow for my 1st day as a driver. Any advise on what I can expect for my 1st day and 1st week. I’m already aware that I’ll be with a sup for my 1st week

Pretty much used to the forum by now so all advice is appreciated. Positive, Negative and comical
It will be one big cluster :censored2:

BrownIsTheColorOf

Be ready to get laid off a lot. Been driving since October and my route is cut daily. I do pull a day here and there on a route and get called daily for air meets (2-4 hours at most each day), but being the lowest person in seniority means you'll get called last for anything and expected to stay late for everything.

UPS_88

Be ready to get laid off a lot. Been driving since October and my route is cut daily. I do pull a day here and there on a route and get called daily for air meets (2-4 hours at most each day), but being the lowest person in seniority means you'll get called last for anything and expected to stay late for everything.

Yea I was told that early on. Set up to do Lyft for the days they send me home

kramer

Since my 1st week officially as a driver, ive driven 3 days. I started in march. Low volume this, that blah blah. I only got a third day because I spoke with a union steward. I wouldnt expect to drive consistently

trickpony1

ups-88
I've suggested this before. It worked for me many years ago.
If you're by yourself (no supe) try this:

Prepare a healthy lunch including sports drinks to take to work.
After your morning commits, find a safe place to park and punch meal.

Eat lunch as you sort your truck, collect your thoughts and prepare for the rest of the day. This can reduce a lot of stress.

The company knows new drivers do this. It's cool.
Don't deliver while on lunch. A big NO-NO.

When you make seniority don't work on lunch anymore.

Last edited:
ups-88
I've suggested this before. It worked for me many years ago.
If you're by yourself (no supe) try this:

Prepare a healthy lunch including sports drinks to take to work.
After your morning commits, find a safe place to park and punch meal.

Eat lunch as you sort your truck, collect your thoughts and prepare for the rest of the day. This can reduce a lot of stress.

The company knows new drivers do this. It's cool.
Don't deliver while on lunch. A big NO-NO.

When you make seniority don't sort/eat on lunch anymore.
But what would Dave say????