2% raises (2019) for 1-3 step progression folks... bend over, and simply take this

slavingforfx

What a blow.
Today we were told about 2019 raises. Being in step 3, and looking for that extra $1 was motivating. Now, all I got is $0.37 raise, and no guarantee this won’t be repeated in 2020. Suddenly that 10 step progression pay became 12,13,14,15.... years progression pay for the bottom of us.
As manager said, you should be happy there even is a raise.

Step 4 up to 9 without changes, and I think top folks will get 2% as well.

Dealing with the abuse from management, and their imaginary expectations is pushing me further away from sticking with this company. Sorry, just venting. That’s all.

MAKAVELI

What a blow.
Today we were told about 2019 raises. Being in step 3, and looking for that extra $1 was motivating. Now, all I got is $0.37 raise, and no guarantee this won’t be repeated in 2020. Suddenly that 10 step progression pay became 12,13,14,15.... years progression pay for the bottom of us.
As manager said, you should be happy there even is a raise.

Step 4 up to 9 without changes, and I think top folks will get 2% as well.

Dealing with the abuse from management, and their imaginary expectations is pushing me further away from sticking with this company. Sorry, just venting. That’s all.
Welcome to Fredex. Get out while you can. No joking, I'm :censored2:ing serious.

SmithBarney

I thought it was 2% across the board, if they screwed the middle folks again, it's gonna get ugly.

Time to slow down 2%, have 2% more P1 Lates, take 2% longer to fuel up, take a 2% larger dump in the back of the truck, submit 2% less sales leads(whats 2% of Zero?)

MAKAVELI

I thought it was 2% across the board, if they screwed the middle folks again, it's gonna get ugly.

Time to slow down 2%, have 2% more P1 Lates, take 2% longer to fuel up, take a 2% larger dump in the back of the truck, submit 2% less sales leads(whats 2% of Zero?)
Yes 2% for everyone including starting pay and topped out.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Happy to have a raise, happy to have a job - for all the things I have to be happy about I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to wipe this goofy grin off my happy face. (and I have pharrell playing on a constant loop in my truck all day).
Happy me!! :thumbup:

slavingforfx

What I meant about the steps 4 and above was that those groups will get raises as planned in the 10 years step progression. Just the 1-3 and top pay will only get 2%, instead of planned step progression $ number.

Serf

Honestly, I think Mr. Fedex was so right all those years ago. Express is great for one thing: Get them to pay and train you for your Class A License. Get experience driving. Then go apply for an outfit that pays 7-10$ more per hour.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Happy to have a raise, happy to have a job - for all the things I have to be happy about I don’t know that I’ll ever be able to wipe this goofy grin off my happy face. (and I have pharrell playing on a constant loop in my truck all day).
Happy me!! :thumbup:
Until they slap you upside your head with the increase in your health insurance premiums.:fishbashsmile:

fedex_rtd

Took me 19 years to top out, I started when I was 38. My suggestion is that unless you are happy just scraping by, you need to jump ship NOW...

This is normal FedEx behavior, they are good with saying one thing and doing something less. I remember when we used to get a March and October pay raise, an average of 3 to 3.5% each time, they took that away and slowly lowered the percentage, kinda like dropping a frog into a pot of water and slowly the temperature.

You simply cannot trust the company to do what they say when it comes to pay and benefits. That is just one of the major reasons we really need a union. Look at how much more UPS drivers take home, and they have a real pension YOU DON'T

Star B

White Lightening
The only time a union will come seriously knocking is as soon as we get the government to classify us as a trucking company, not an airline. That will drop us from the RLA and Freddys "government protection" will be gone, leaving the union to pounce.

So, until the RLA goes away.. we won't have a union.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Honestly, I think Mr. Fedex was so right all those years ago. Express is great for one thing: Get them to pay and train you for your Class A License. Get experience driving. Then go apply for an outfit that pays 7-10$ more per hour.[/QU

And that's what a bunch of people are doing where I work. We have a revolving door of RTDs. They just don't get it. Rather than keeping quality drivers, Express is fine paying $6-7K to train new hires and keep them for a few months only to have them leave and then do it all over again.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fred and his good ‘ol boys are good at making promises and avoiding responsibilities to both employees and customers. He’s got a library full of excuses every time the front line employees get screwed. He’ll be happy to pull another one straight out of his ass anytime.

vantexan

The only time a union will come seriously knocking is as soon as we get the government to classify us as a trucking company, not an airline. That will drop us from the RLA and Freddys "government protection" will be gone, leaving the union to pounce.

So, until the RLA goes away.. we won't have a union.
Probably will never happen as shipping is a major cost of most corporations. If pay significantly increases so does their shipping costs.