2% raises (2019) for 1-3 step progression folks... bend over, and simply take this

overflowed

Save all you sick days and use them to go to interviews and other job related stuff, if you're young and single and can do it, use them to transfer to a large metro area. Everyone is hiring , not enough bodies for the jobs to go around. I work for a large metro city now making double what I did there. Great medical , pension , and much more. I was stuck there during the recession and wasted 10 years there. I regret being hired there at all. Just need to sacrifice to get out. Best of luck to those who are trying to leave .

Empty Pockets

The only time a union will come seriously knocking is as soon as we get the government to classify us as a trucking company, not an airline. That will drop us from the RLA and Freddys "government protection" will be gone, leaving the union to pounce.

So, until the RLA goes away.. we won't have a union.
They took a vote a few years ago. It passed the senate, but had to pass the House. Steve Cohen(D) from Memphis can be seen here whoring himself out and licking Fred S's butt on TV. Steve Cohen is paid by Teamsters and UPS for pro union speeches. Fred has already bought everyone needed to prevent this from happening.

Empty Pockets

What a blow.
Today we were told about 2019 raises. Being in step 3, and looking for that extra $1 was motivating. Now, all I got is $0.37 raise, and no guarantee this won’t be repeated in 2020. Suddenly that 10 step progression pay became 12,13,14,15.... years progression pay for the bottom of us.
As manager said, you should be happy there even is a raise.

Step 4 up to 9 without changes, and I think top folks will get 2% as well.

Dealing with the abuse from management, and their imaginary expectations is pushing me further away from sticking with this company. Sorry, just venting. That’s all.
I spread the 2019 pay changes sheet at my location because the managers did not send it too us. Their emails had, "Do not distribute" at the top. I got online, found it, and laid them out.

As far as leaving, I am not sure about your personal business so will use my situation...
I began to see the writing on the wall at about the 15 year mark and 35 years old. I was single and had no kids. After some planning, I determined that it would be better for me to get out in the next 5 years which would put me at 20 years here and 40 years old. That would leave 20 good years to grab another pension since ours would not increase very much anyway. Since then, the old traditional pension ended and the crappy PPA is it. Then I transferred, got married, and now I am just another farm animal put out to pasture.

Anyone over 50ish may not benefit from leaving. It may be a huge difference in retirement if you are in your 40's or younger and leave now. Things like marriage, kids, and debt may trap you into an abyss of demoralizing enslavement. If you live in a large city, put in for an RTD, get trained, then go to any other trucking company. FedEx is not making folks repay the training.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Steve Cohen(D) from Memphis can be seen here whoring himself out and licking Fred S's butt on TV. Steve Cohen is paid by Teamsters and UPS for pro union speeches.
He's a total loser. Then he goes on to quote someone who said over 25 years ago the UPS should also be a part of the Railway Labor Act. unbelievable! Not hard to see that he was well paid off.

Empty Pockets

He's a total loser. Then he goes on to quote someone who said over 25 years ago the UPS should also be a part of the Railway Labor Act. unbelievable! Not hard to see that he was well paid off.
A friend ran into him at Music fest the year we got voted down. Cohen was politicing and shaking hands. The knucklehead actually told him that he backs both and gets paid from both but still refuses to see FedEx that way. I am sure he paid off in some form. A rumor says that he has one of the FedEx private jets at his disposal.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
A friend ran into him at Music fest the year we got voted down. Cohen was politicing and shaking hands. The knucklehead actually told him that he backs both and gets paid from both but still refuses to see FedEx that way. I am sure he paid off in some form. A rumor says that he has one of the FedEx private jets at his disposal.
I’m sure he does. That’s one reason why people are always told to work harder, accept scrawny raises and high insurance premiums so schmucks like this can justify their existence.

Csdsm18

Express has been like this for what at least 15 years now ? At least since I worked there, why is anyone surprised in the least? The new people on this forum that have worked not too long really you folks need to take off now, I'm not kidding at all. They lie constantly to you, and use their reputation from when they first started to keep this BS they pull on you up. If you are not topped out, I'm sorry you need to use their false reputation too leave now before other companies actually figure out how bad it is there...use this advice how you will .
True fact glad I went thru the cdl program at express got my experience and left 2 months ago for UPS. Life is good at the moment lol.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
5yrs ever since I started the senior guys were saying get out while you can. But when I started it was always good raises. Then the tax break bs then 2% glad I left now.
I just saw this in Walmart. I hear truck drivers there make pretty good money. Definitely more than at FedEx.

40C940A3-CE29-4400-9462-607D30E82657.jpeg

oldngray

nowhere special
I just saw this in Walmart. I hear truck drivers there make pretty good money. Definitely more than at FedEx.

View attachment 263933

The Walmart drivers seem to love their jobs and are treated pretty good but their benefits are not good. I know one of their drivers who is off on disability now (doctors aren't sure what is wrong with him) but he can't drive or do any other work for them. Its all or nothing. Either you drive or you don't work.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The Walmart drivers seem to love their jobs and are treated pretty good but their benefits are not good. I know one of their drivers who is off on disability now (doctors aren't sure what is wrong with him) but he can't drive or do any other work for them. Its all or nothing. Either you drive or you don't work.
The drive or you don’t work part happens at FedEx too. Some stations don’t allow light duty.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I understand they’re on a pretty short leash there though. Doesn’t take very much to get the axe apparently. Let’s face it, even at its best, the trucking industry pretty much blows.
They’re artists at painting rosy pictures and making pie-in-the-sky promises and guarantees - but the reality usually tells a far different story.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

I think it's around $80k/year to start. Last time I heard anything about it, you had one weekend day at home and one weekday at home. Had to live within a certain distance of a distribution center.

MassWineGuy

According to managers at my station, the company has stopped paying them quarterly production bonuses. None of of the could be happy about that.

Slowturtle

It was a lot easier for all the pilots to get together (in Memphis) and vote on a union. For every courier across the country to meet up in one place is impossible, then you would need a 50% vote. That's what it would take under RLA rules. The pilots were smart. They had Smith figured out early in the game.
The biggest problem with creating a union is your starting point... You would have some leverage with the number of employees that could walk out, but starting fresh everything is negotiable company would taking everything away and you'd have start from zero... Iffy wether you would come out ahead...all-out would depend years of service with the company... I'm inclined to see then get through this tnt stupidity... Swallow some pride on leaving some amazon money on the table (that only hurt us) and get back to friend..ing steps they promised us