2 types at UPS

blkmamba

All ya doing is calling names Which is childish... u disagree with something I said give reason and debate...
Probably because you're acting like an arrogant little prick. Here's the reason, you're that type of sup who thinks he is the best at everything. The best employees usually make the worst supervisors. You've already put your employees in a system with numerical value, hence they are now just s number. You lack the obvious social skills to achieve real success at a supervisory level. By success I mean, can you do well at your job, keep moral high, set goals, motivate without threats, etc.

andrsnbkj

Soooooo let me get this straight then.... orion is a joke.... that's mean UPS has spent 700 million dollars on a software program.... and that program which has documented proof of saving money at each center it's been implemented... but it's a joke???... disagree all ya want but the proof is in the numbers...
Your a part time sup have you ever delivered so you say orion saves the company money by going to a stop 3 times in one day or driving past a stop when next door your making a delivery that's why you went management you don't have any sense

Shep92

A fair days work for a fair days pay. If my sup doesn't like my performance he can always send me somewhere else. I work hard, but not too hard. That's the key.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm type # 3 .
Someone who did put in long back breaking hours doing a very good job for decades , but when my body began to breakdown I had to slow down .

Rainman

Its all good.
I'm type # 3 .
Someone who did put in long back breaking hours doing a very good job for decades , but when my body began to breakdown I had to slow down .
Same here. Doesn't mean we're not good employees, just means we know our limits and those limits are different than what they were years ago.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Same here. Doesn't mean we're not good employees, just means we know our limits and those limits are different than what they were years ago.
Exactly, I don't give a dam what anybody thinks, im going at my pace I feel comfortable with mentally and physically to finish the race 1 day. Their fake numbers and them can kiss my DING DONG lmfao.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
All of which you stated is just not true if anything overtime will begin to decrease... proof is in the numbers... ups hires these people called actuaries they calculate things like overtime and miles and optimization.... once the program is put in place it saves money no doubt about... do they have to fine tune certain routes and the program in start up phase?? Of course... but the fact is it saves money... proof in numbers and the studies of centers it's been implemented
Ac

Men lie, women lie, numbers dont....
Drop some jay z knowledge on yall
You are right. Numbers in and of themselves don't lie, however if there is anything I learned in all my years at UPS, it was numbers can be made to lie in order to advance anybody's cause. Anybody whom does not believe this is either: 1. Brainwashed as Jump suggested or2. Is very naive. I think it's a combination of the two. And please, I'm not normally a stickler for this, but please clean up your spelling and grammar. It's embarrassing to see that on BC!

platinum9898

#2's as you put it is part of the business and should be planned for ahead of time. There is no way in hell to get 100% #1's to work at a job like this for part time. Just take what you got and work with it. Part of being a supervisor, learn to do your job better. I would run laps around your work ethic.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I had a DM ask me why I was on the 9.5 list. I told him I have had knee replacements and I am playing out the string until I can retire. Does that make me a bad employee? According to the OP I am crap. I can still get the job done but I have to work smarter because I just can't run anymore.

upschuck

I wish they would just make some sort of map program that just pinpoints all your stops. Then you could just look at the map and the most efficient route would be obvious.
They do, got guys standing around them every morning looking at what they got.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I wish they would just make some sort of map program that just pinpoints all your stops. Then you could just look at the map and the most efficient route would be obvious. Make NDA''s red dots, commercial stops blue and resi's green.
I do that in my head but I also take into consideration unusual circumstances such as early closures, unusual residential bulk, etc.

upschuck

I'm talking about adding a new tool, not trying to implement an end all be all solution like UPS management thinks it can.

What kind of tool? When UPS puts in ORION, they also install a bunch of computers where drivers can visually see where their stops are located on a map. That is what I thought you meant by saying
I wish they would just make some sort of map program that just pinpoints all your stops. Then you could just look at the map and the most efficient route would be obvious. Make NDA''s red dots, commercial stops blue and resi's green.
But I guess I not sure what you are asking anymore.

Dr.Brownz

What kind of tool? When UPS puts in ORION, they also install a bunch of computers where drivers can visually see where their stops are located on a map. That is what I thought you meant by saying

But I guess I not sure what you are asking anymore.

You have to go into the office to look at the map from what I understand. I'm talking about having it on board for reference. It would be useful for a driver going out blind on a route.

I'm not asking anything. I'm throwing out an idea.

upschuck

You have to go into the office to look at the map from what I understand. I'm talking about having it on board for reference. It would be useful for a driver going out blind on a route.

I'm not asking anything. I'm throwing out an idea.
Here, they have the computers(about 7-10 per center) outside the office for the drivers to browse.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I learned in all my years at UPS, it was numbers can be made to lie in order to advance anybody's cause.
Fudging numbers at UPS is about the easiest thing you can do. I know a sup that changes a bunch of stuff on people's time cards to drop their over under so he doesn't get screamed at. He doesn't change things that affects pay. But you throw a couple hundred it the DT Load and Unload boxes and you'd be amazed how much it drops the over under.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
actually loaded packages in trailers for three years never complain and always did my part and did more work to make up for the slackers... came to work got the job done and left... I gurantee I did or could do any job better then you honestly... u strike me as one of the people I'm talking about someone who blames problems on everyone else but you... don't worry I encounter those people everyday life in ups and outside of ups. soo ur not alone
Hope that explains why !

sandwich

The resident gearhead
The sad reality is in 25 years there won't be a union for ups.... orion really is the union killler
Says someone who has never run a route, I just ran a cold route a couple weeks ago with orion and it was impossible!! Orion wants you to break off and run routes in the strangest way. But if you Dont know the route its almost impossible to just simply "run orion". Edd was the union killer. Edd was easy and simple. Running a cold route on edd is much easier because it makes sense. Orion isn't there to be a " union killer" lol. Its there to save miles to avoid paying huge sums of money on the new road tax that is being implemented. If anything orion is a management killer. A system that self dispatches itself. Your job will be obsolete well before our union jobs. But much like most management people your forgot ups is a package delivery company, not a stand around with a clip board company.