2009 calendars

flitzer

Had a quick question about those calandars. I noticed that they had Earth Day highlighted the same as all the other days that are paid holidays. Earth Day isn't a paid holiday in '09 is it?

rushfan

Yes, the calendars started to suck about 5 years ago. I can't believe UPS is falling for that "green" bull#$%&.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
OK, fun is over and time for the truth:

As the distribution of the 2009 UPS Wall Calendars is now underway, several inquiries have arisen regarding two specific dates on the calendar. As it pertains to those dates, please note the following:
Wednesday, April 22 (Earth Day), is not a UPS holiday, although it is shaded in green. This date is shaded to coincide with the overall theme of the calendar, which is "Decision Green."
Thursday, December 31 (New Years Eve) has not been shaded on the calendar; however, this date is a UPS holiday.
In 2009, UPS holidays remain the same as those in previous years.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Don't drive a diesel here, just a 1987 gas 800 with a TP60, ta boot.

What I like about the new calendars is when I hand em to customers and they ask where's the rest of it? Where are the cool pictures? I then explain that UPS has gone green, which makes me red in the face. We all have a good laugh, thanks to the new calendars.

Dutch Dawg

Apparently someone never got the "Going Green" memo when they chose to place the large folding Circle Of Honor insert into the center of the most recent INSIDEUPS.

The only paper conservation I've witnessed recently would be the highly touted calendars and the much needed blue window wash towels in short supply. There are still the piles of ever present handouts scattered about in the buildings I visit; one step away from the trash bin.

I'll save my kudos for a true green act at the Company, if it ever comes.

jw55wags

I'm not even giving my customers one. I would be to ashamed to give such a poor looking calendar as that. Green or no green they suck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same here. I am off the week after Christmas and will let my cover driver pass them out.

Customers have come to expect our standard calendars as many of them use them to not only keep them informed of our schedule but to write down their own schedules, vacations and appointments.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
Does no one else see the irony of handing out "green" calendars from a diesel sucking exhaust generator?

Irony indeed. At my centre, instead of customers getting a calendar that they would actually use, we have cases of them that are going straight into the dumpster because all the drivers here refuse to give them out. If UPS really gave a rats :censored2: about the environment, they wouldn't print the calendar in the first place and they'd give us trucks that get more than 7 MPG.

thebrownbox

My center here in Connecticut has yet to get any of the 2009 calenders.. boy they must look pretty bad given all the fuss over here...

Anyone take a picture? Maybe they will be out on Monday.

FAVREFAN

Amazing. I created a post about the turkey tickets sucking ass and everyone told me I was thankless and a complainer. Yet, here, everyone is complaining about the "free" calendar. "It's a gift" , I was told, you should be thankful. So this is different? They both suck. Last tradition is over. My fiance's company of 89 employees got theirs. They think it sucks. Isn't saving any paper when it goes straight in the trash. What a shame. You need to be able to write things in the date box, that's a big missing element of this calendar. Anyways, Merry Christmas.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Amazing. I created a post about the turkey tickets sucking ass and everyone told me I was thankless and a complainer. Yet, here, everyone is complaining about the "free" calendar. "It's a gift" , I was told, you should be thankful. So this is different?

There is irony in life!