2012 Summer Olympics

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
How about the medal winners that came close to the ring put didn't bring home the gold. The one's that trained and toiled and put their lives on hold to represent their country in the sports they love . They will not be on the Corn Flake box or reap millions in edorsements, they will go back to school or regular jobs like the rest of us .So lets remember and cheer for people like Galen Rupp runner silver, Reese Hoffa shotput bronze,the Hurley sisters epee bronze, and all those who worked hard and didn't medal at all.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They came in 10th and 11th respectively, but they left it all on the course. Tough day but they did the USA proud.

texan

Bummer:
The Olympics Called A 'Complete And Utter Disaster' For London Businesses

London businesses are seeing a drastic drop in sales as natives avoid leaving
their homes during the Olympic games.

From restaurants to hotels, everyone's hurting, reports Samantha Conti at Women's Wear Daily.
“The Olympic Games have been a complete and utter disaster.

The shops are empty, the bars are empty, the restaurants are empty,”
Steve McNamara, general secretary of the Licensed Taxi Drivers’ Association,
said in the Daily Telegraph this week.

The New West End Company — which represents businesses on Oxford, Bond and Regent
streets — estimated earlier this year that retailers in London’s West End would make
16.6 million pounds, or $26 million at current exchange, in additional revenue as a direct
result of the Olympics

Read more: London Olympics Branded A 'Disaster' For Local Businesses - Business Insider

over9five

Staff member
I was watching beach volleyball today, and wondered why they blurred out Misty May Treanor's tramp stamp.
It turns out it's her number from HS and her grandmothers initials, so why blur it out?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I was watching beach volleyball today, and wondered why they blurred out Misty May Treanor's tramp stamp.
It turns out it's her number from HS and her grandmothers initials, so why blur it out?

mistymaybutt.jpg

I must need glasses worse than i thought,as i dont see any tramp stamp!!:surprised:

klein

Für Meno :)
ua_getty_450.jpg

'Ugly Americans' back at London Olympics

A lack of sportsmanship and abundance of hubris from some U.S. athletes leaves a sour taste in one writer's mouth. 'Obnoxious'

klein

Canadian coach accuses U.S. of 'illegal' tactics

John Herdman says the American women's soccer team is doing something that poses an injury threat. 'It's what they do well'

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have Yahoo as my home page. Why didn't you mention that Usain Bolt broke an Olympic record? You just handpick stories that are critical of America and "we're not gonna take it anymore!"

P

pickup

Hey, all I did was posted whats on my yahoo.ca homepage.

What's posted on that yahoo.ca homepage sounds like the mating calls of the sore loser. One gold medal?? And in trampoline??

I suppose that event was a given because when Stephen Harper says "Jump", the Canadian subjects ask "How high?".

I fear for all Canadian non medalers. I heard that Harper has a work camp in the north waiting for them when they get home. No wonder so many Canadian athletes are petitioning for asylum while in London.

TRUE STORY!

klein

Hey our goal was to be in the group of the first 12. We stand at place 11. That's more then we ever expected.
A country that has less population than a lot of US States, it's not bad !

Oh and 1 gold went for America, I think in swimming. She was born in Canada and holds Duo citizenship, but swam under the American flag.
By no doubt will she get more sponsorship money in the US than in Canada. She made that move based upon finances. Who wouldn't go for much more money ?

P

pickup

Hey our goal was to be in the group of the first 12. We stand at place 11. That's more then we ever expected.
A country that has less population than a lot of US States, it's not bad !

Oh and 1 gold went for America, I think in swimming. She was born in Canada and holds Duo citizenship, but swam under the American flag.

Proves my point. She swam for America because she feared that if she lost, she would end up in one of Harper's gulags.

klein

Underdog Canada (ranked 7th in the world), is playing the USA (ranked #1) in womens soccer currently.
Live on TV.

after 19 minutes, still 0:0

This is the semi final !
Winner goes on to the Gold game.
Loser will play for bronze.

klein

Sinclair just scored again with a header 2:1 Canada after 68 minutes !
And dammit again 2:2 after 70 minutes.
Wow - after 72 minutes Sinclair strikes her hattrick with another header.
3:2 Canada !

Unfair ref !
Gave a unfair free kick, then an unfair penalty kick for team US.
3;3 now.

Oh well, the US only allowed 2 goals against sofar in this whole tourny, Canada scored 3 - it's worth something :)

Last edited: