(2013 --> 2020) Growth and Retraction of UPS Because of Amazon?

ThePackageDeli

The question we need to be asking, and dial in an answer for is this:

How much of our company's growth over the last 7 years is due in significant part to the concurrent growth of one of our major customers, namely Amazon?

And what will happen when that growth is retracted? How many layoffs should we expect to see beginning in 2020?

Overpaid Union Thug

The question we need to be asking, and dial in an answer for is this:

How much of our company's growth over the last 7 years is due in significant part to the concurrent growth of one of our major customers, namely Amazon?

And what will happen when that growth is retracted? How many layoffs should we expect to see beginning in 2020?

One driver for every new Prime membership will be laid off. Three if a UPS driver signs up. Inside employees will be laid off at a higher ratio.

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
I saw in California driverless tractor trailers where being used to move freight to and from Arizona. Those employees in the Amazon hiring commercials are all smiles now because of their great benefits and working atmosphere but without a union they will be hunting for another job in a couple of years. They are blind if they don’t see it.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I'm not a math genius, but their numbers are based on a very small sample size.

The bank which analyzed roughly 70,000 Amazon transactions from 300 U.S. shoppers over a nine-year period to measure the changes, noted that Logistics volume more than doubled from 20 percent of the company's shipments to 46 percent in past 12 months alone.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm not a math genius, but their numbers are based on a very small sample size.

The bank which analyzed roughly 70,000 Amazon transactions from 300 U.S. shoppers over a nine-year period to measure the changes, noted that Logistics volume more than doubled from 20 percent of the company's shipments to 46 percent in past 12 months alone.
We don’t need a bank to see what’s coming. Just look at all of the Amazon boxes we’ve already lost, what we still have on the trucks, and the fact that Amazon is adding even more drivers and capacity. Throw in thousands and thousands of Amazon prime zombies that are too lazy to price match and what you have is a recipe for a takeover.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Trump is the president who fights for a strong economy. Obama was the president who battled for transexuals to use the wrong bathroom!

de·lu·sion·al
/dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
    • based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.
      "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
de·lu·sion·al
/dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
  1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
    "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
    • based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.
      "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"
As in people who dismiss the fact that Trump’s first economic moves were rolling back Obama’s economic executive orders resulting in our economy rocketing into the stratosphere, are delusional. What the media doesn’t tell you is that all of the problems occurring in Paris are directly connected to the climate accords that they are still killing their own economy with. Yes sir some are delusional but thank god for President Trump!

UpsYours

Volume will drop for sure.Less volume = less routes .Ups will still turn profits . They were here before Amazon and will remain in a world with Amazon. Question is will Amazon be able to go toe to toe with Ups when Ups decides to go to war > sales lead time is a comin` again