(2013 --> 2020) Growth and Retraction of UPS Because of Amazon?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ThePackageDeli, Dec 14, 2019.

1. The question we need to be asking, and dial in an answer for is this:

How much of our company's growth over the last 7 years is due in significant part to the concurrent growth of one of our major customers, namely Amazon?

And what will happen when that growth is retracted? How many layoffs should we expect to see beginning in 2020?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Is Amazon going to contract in 2020?

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

The majority of our growth in is the segments other than small package.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Retract, not contract.

5. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Logistics.

6. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

One driver for every new Prime membership will be laid off. Three if a UPS driver signs up. Inside employees will be laid off at a higher ratio.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Healthcare, UPS Capital, etc.

8. Overpaid Union Thug

• List
  9. Brown Circus

Brown Circus Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic

I saw in California driverless tractor trailers where being used to move freight to and from Arizona. Those employees in the Amazon hiring commercials are all smiles now because of their great benefits and working atmosphere but without a union they will be hunting for another job in a couple of years. They are blind if they don’t see it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

11. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

I'm not a math genius, but their numbers are based on a very small sample size.

The bank which analyzed roughly 70,000 Amazon transactions from 300 U.S. shoppers over a nine-year period to measure the changes, noted that Logistics volume more than doubled from 20 percent of the company's shipments to 46 percent in past 12 months alone.

12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Certainly part of the growth is due to Amazon, but a greater part is the strong economy from the Obama administration that trump inherited.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • List
  13. Overpaid Union Thug

:bsbullf:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Overpaid Union Thug

We don’t need a bank to see what’s coming. Just look at all of the Amazon boxes we’ve already lost, what we still have on the trucks, and the fact that Amazon is adding even more drivers and capacity. Throw in thousands and thousands of Amazon prime zombies that are too lazy to price match and what you have is a recipe for a takeover.

15. Brown Circus

If the Obama economy was strong then the Trump economy is “THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME”

16. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Just ask trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Brown Circus

Trump is the president who fights for a strong economy. Obama was the president who battled for transexuals to use the wrong bathroom!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Rick Ross

Rick Ross I'm into distribution!!

de·lu·sion·al
    /dəˈlo͞oZH(ə)nəl/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    1. characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
      "hospitalization for schizophrenia and delusional paranoia"
      • based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.
        "their delusional belief in the project's merits never wavers"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  19. Brown Circus

As in people who dismiss the fact that Trump’s first economic moves were rolling back Obama’s economic executive orders resulting in our economy rocketing into the stratosphere, are delusional. What the media doesn’t tell you is that all of the problems occurring in Paris are directly connected to the climate accords that they are still killing their own economy with. Yes sir some are delusional but thank god for President Trump!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. UpsYours

UpsYours Member

Volume will drop for sure.Less volume = less routes .Ups will still turn profits . They were here before Amazon and will remain in a world with Amazon. Question is will Amazon be able to go toe to toe with Ups when Ups decides to go to war > sales lead time is a comin` again

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List