2019 Peak

Wyoming

How prepared is UPS to adequately handle yet another unpredictable Peak, especially since it is taking over more of the Amazon volume since FedEx backed out?

Wyoming

How UPS handles the first all-Amazon Peak this year -- and its impact on our drivers, handlers and helpers -- is a legit issue.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
How UPS handles the first all-Amazon Peak this year -- and its impact on our drivers, handlers and helpers -- is a legit issue.

Am I missing some part of the country where Amazon has caused layoffs or any major damage to UPS?

Amazon moved in here recently. Stuff is slightly bulkier. But it's not really affected anyone here much. Except the part timers who jumped ship to work for an extra buck an hour.

542thruNthru

How prepared is UPS to adequately handle yet another unpredictable Peak, especially since it is taking over more of the Amazon volume since FedEx backed out?

UPS will do what they did last year. They will cut Amazon off at a certain point and make them deal with it theirselves.

Air Recovery

I honestly cannot recall any peak ever that my building has been "adequately prepared" for....but the $6 raise that all our new hires got last year was pretty hilarious.

Amazon up the highway was hiring at $15. So we bumped our starting to $16. In california there is a law where if you do not revert an hourly rate within a month IT IS PERMANENT.

Somehow, UPS with all their money and expensive attorneys did not know about this law. Every single new hire and newbie got bumped to $16 permanently.

Then massive layoffs occurred

Not sure if this happed in any other building, but thanks a lot Amazon!!!

Jstpeachy

Our building can’t handle volume now, for every 1 they hire 4 that have been here awhile quit lol. We gonna be coming in at 9pm loading one set til 2am then a second til 9am from what it looks like lol