2020 candidates

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Today Biden said his grandkids want him to run. What about Joe ?? Shouldn't he want to run. To hell with what the grandkids want.
Of course his grandkids want him to run, because they don't want him hanging around with them. The more traveling he has to do the happier they will be. And when he loses badly, it still works for them, he'll be to depressed too do anything.

oldngray

nowhere special
Of course his grandkids want him to run, because they don't want him hanging around with them. The more traveling he has to do the happier they will be. And when he loses badly, it still works for them, he'll be to depressed too do anything.
Biden has the creepy uncle down pat.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Andrew Yang is blowing up online.

A lot of meme magic battles going on across Reddit and 4chan, starting to filter down to Facebook. Loving how this might play out. Lots of potential lulz.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe a candidate...

"Beto" It is a nickname for any male in Spanish with a name that ends in berto, like Roberto, Filiberto, Alberto

It's Robert Francis who lists his nationality as "American". He's not Roberto.

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe a candidate...

"Beto" It is a nickname for any male in Spanish with a name that ends in berto, like Roberto, Filiberto, Alberto

It's Robert Francis who lists his nationality as "American". He's not Roberto.
600b96da.jpg

Box Ox

Turned on CNN today and the anchor and analysts were talking about how Beto's road trip is an example of white privilege because he can just up and leave his wife and kids at home to go campaigning. And that Beto, as a white man, might be more appealing to Democrat voters than a black candidate. For :censored2:'s sake, we just elected a black man President twice in a row.

I can't vote to support this kind of crazy ideology in next year's elections. In which everything must be racist or sexist. This isn't fringe Democrat ideology like it used to be. This is casually tossed around on liberal news outlets now.

I do not want Trump to win next year and be able to consolidate his swamp around the idea that he's won another election and has a mandate to do whatever he wants. But holy God is the media trying as best it can to make sure that happens.

Sportello

#YangGang2020

Meet Andrew
I’m Andrew Yang, and I’m running for President as a Democrat in 2020 because I fear for the future of our country. New technologies – robots, software, artificial intelligence – have already destroyed more than 4 million US jobs, and in the next 5-10 years, they will eliminate millions more. A third of all American workers are at risk of permanent unemployment. And this time, the jobs will not come back.

I’m not a career politician—I’m an entrepreneur who understands the economy. It’s clear to me, and to many of the nation’s best job creators, that we need to make an unprecedented change, and we need to make it now. But the establishment isn’t willing to take the necessary bold steps. As president, my first priority will be to implement Universal Basic Income for every American adult over the age of 18: $1,000 a month, no strings attached, paid for by a new tax on the companies benefiting most from automation. UBI is just the beginning. A crisis is underway—we have to work together to stop it, or risk losing the heart of our country. The stakes have never been higher.

Once I understood the magnitude of this problem, and that even our most forward-thinking politicians were not going to take the steps necessary to stem the tide, I had no choice but to act. I’m the father of two young boys. I know the country my sons will grow up in is going to be very different than the one I grew up in, and I want to look back at my life knowing I did everything in my power to create the kind of future our children deserve—an America of opportunity, freedom, equality, and abundance.

I urge you to join me. No one else is going to build a better world for us. We’re going to have to do it ourselves. Together.

Humanity First,
Andrew

Box Ox

#YangGang2020

Meet Andrew
I’m Andrew Yang, and I’m running for President as a Democrat in 2020 because I fear for the future of our country. New technologies – robots, software, artificial intelligence – have already destroyed more than 4 million US jobs, and in the next 5-10 years, they will eliminate millions more. A third of all American workers are at risk of permanent unemployment. And this time, the jobs will not come back.

I’m not a career politician—I’m an entrepreneur who understands the economy. It’s clear to me, and to many of the nation’s best job creators, that we need to make an unprecedented change, and we need to make it now. But the establishment isn’t willing to take the necessary bold steps. As president, my first priority will be to implement Universal Basic Income for every American adult over the age of 18: $1,000 a month, no strings attached, paid for by a new tax on the companies benefiting most from automation. UBI is just the beginning. A crisis is underway—we have to work together to stop it, or risk losing the heart of our country. The stakes have never been higher.

Once I understood the magnitude of this problem, and that even our most forward-thinking politicians were not going to take the steps necessary to stem the tide, I had no choice but to act. I’m the father of two young boys. I know the country my sons will grow up in is going to be very different than the one I grew up in, and I want to look back at my life knowing I did everything in my power to create the kind of future our children deserve—an America of opportunity, freedom, equality, and abundance.

I urge you to join me. No one else is going to build a better world for us. We’re going to have to do it ourselves. Together.

Humanity First,
Andrew

I think he's one of those candidates that we'll think of as having been ahead of their time. The idea of UBI won't start hooking enough voters until the AI/automation :censored2: really starts hitting the fan and even white collar jobs start to go.

vantexan

#YangGang2020

Meet Andrew

Humanity First,
Andrew
He was on Tucker Carlson's show last week and made a lot of sense. But it should IMO only be given to individuals displaced by automation. If you're working you shouldn't get it. And companies who displace workers should still pay their full SS tax. Shouldn't be given to individuals on disability either. But if they're going to give it to everybody they should do away with SS and pay everyone equally. Doubt this will ever happen though. More than likely when this plant in Ohio lays off 90% of it's workers, and that one over in Oregon lays off 80%, and so on, we'll start seeing riots and domestic terrorism. What happens when the military develops armed machines, and I don't mean terminators, that roll into battle and are as effective as 100 soldiers? The military lays off a million or so young guys who can't find much at home due to automation? Think crime won't go up? Probably will have to have a universal income payment to appease the masses. Meanwhile let's keep letting in as many illegal immigrants as we can. That train wreck won't be pretty.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
#YangGang2020

Meet Andrew

Humanity First,
Andrew
I like the things this guy is saying.
I think he is correct in his assessment of the problem.
I am less sure he knows/will know the optimal solution.