2020 Peak & UPSers

charm299

The PVD drivers I talked to Wednesday were disappointed in this years volume. Said they had more work last year. Of course maybe that is because we hired so many more PVD's this year. Last year we had the smaller U Hauls delivering PVD volume to the meet points. This year they were all 26 ft straight trucks mostly full.
Lol, pvd drivers complaining that other pvd drivers are stealing their work

Heavy Package

Thanks for your efforts, they do not go unnoticed, especially to customers. I've received several deliveries to my home this year, and I can't stress enough what an outstanding job you have all done, especially this year with all of its challenges.
Thank you all.

On Monday, the first full day after Christmas, Management slashed routes to the bone and we were more blown out than peak. 50% route cuts and over 3000 unplanned stops over. This company is run by clowns who do not care at all about our "efforts". Just yesterday I heard management literally screaming on their radios to get as many UNION employees off the clock (preload) as possible.

For every manager who truly believes in what you posted, there are 5 above you who are major as**h*oles. That culture must change, but I'm not holding my breath.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
On Monday, the first full day after Christmas, Management slashed routes to the bone and we were more blown out than peak. 50% route cuts and over 3000 unplanned stops over. This company is run by clowns who do not care at all about our "efforts". Just yesterday I heard management literally screaming on their radios to get as many UNION employees off the clock (preload) as possible.

Same here. They were "forecasting" a light day until nearly 10 unforecasted trailers with USPS Amazon spillover volume magically materialized on our lot. Instead of adding routes, they threw all the extra volume from cut routes onto existing nearby routes. I went out with 3 other routes stuffed in my truck with an estimated RTB of 10pm. They sent 25 seasonal and reg-temp drivers out in empty pcs to follow us and take the extra volume. I spent 45 minutes in a hotel parking lot giving my relief driver 4 hours worth of stops.

I still needed someone to come take more off me later in order to make my pickup commits. The funny thing is, the same thing happens the day after Christmas every single year yet nothing changes.

Overpaid Union Thug

Same here. They were "forecasting" a light day until nearly 10 unforecasted trailers with USPS Amazon spillover volume magically materialized on our lot. Instead of adding routes, they threw all the extra volume from cut routes onto existing nearby routes. I went out with 3 other routes stuffed in my truck with an estimated RTB of 10pm. They sent 25 seasonal and reg-temp drivers out in empty pcs to follow us and take the extra volume. I spent 45 minutes in a hotel parking lot giving my relief driver 4 hours worth of stops.

I still needed someone to come take more off me later in order to make my pickup commits. The funny thing is, the same thing happens the day after Christmas every single year yet nothing changes.
Which is why I always take the first day after Christmas off.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
January and February are the 2 worst months to be a driver
Right after Christmas we get a calm few days and then pounded until after Valentine’s Day. Every year. Then we normally get a good stretch from March-June where 9.5 isn’t even an issue.
Then the cycle starts all over again

FEGuy

Repeating the opening post of this thread (remember? before it was hijacked by knuckleheads) thanks for your efforts this year guys. Great job. It's Dec 30 and my UPS guy just delivered to my house. 1:30pm and already knocking off residentials.
Happy New Year's to all of you. Even the knuckleheads!

Overpaid Union Thug

Repeating the opening post of this thread (remember? before it was hijacked by knuckleheads) thanks for your efforts this year guys. Great job. It's Dec 30 and my UPS guy just delivered to my house. 1:30pm and already knocking off residentials.
Happy New Year's to all of you. Even the knuckleheads!
452125C5-4F91-43E5-B437-DFE754269B24.gif