2023 contract

542thruNthru

I’m not gonna bother voting. The master was forced down our throats and the local supplements were forced down our throats even though the vote was no. No point.
Get involved brother. The teamster convention is coming up and the 2/3 rule will be up for amendment. I'm sure your local has delegates going or at the very least a delegate election going on to see who will go.

From what I've seen you're a smart member. Don't get disheartened by what's going on and stay involved brother.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I think they will try to get PVD drivers in.The Union will say " you want your overtime reduced,you want 9.5 relief" and this will give the company "Flexibility" to reduce 9.5. It may not happen all at once but it's certainly on the way.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Get involved brother. The teamster convention is coming up and the 2/3 rule will be up for amendment. I'm sure your local has delegates going or at the very least a delegate election going on to see who will go.

From what I've seen you're a smart member. Don't get disheartened by what's going on and stay involved brother.

It's the only way. If we lose, it won't be for lack of trying. Giving up only emboldens management.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I think they will try to get PVD drivers in.The Union will say " you want your overtime reduced,you want 9.5 relief" and this will give the company "Flexibility" to reduce 9.5. It may not happen all at once but it's certainly on the way.

Hoffa will be gone and 22.4s will vote. I like our chances.

The company won that concession (eliminating excessive overtime) with these lower wage 22.4 positions, the PVD temps will remain a seasonal option. The virus temporarily put a monkey wrench into their overall plans, but it is a matter of time before they start adjusting package delivery start times for 24 hour delivery and pick up.

These 22.4 sign up rosters do not have job descriptions or start times and schedule listed. They can be changed Dailey according to need. Basically you are on call,

DriverNerd

I’m not gonna bother voting. The master was forced down our throats and the local supplements were forced down our throats even though the vote was no. No point.
If enough people vote, then the contract can't be forced through as easily. They still can, but then they won't have the "not enough people voted so we have to" excuse. Make them tell us they don't care about us to our faces.

PT Car Washer

If enough people vote, then the contract can't be forced through as easily. They still can, but then they won't have the "not enough people voted so we have to" excuse. Make them tell us they don't care about us to our faces.
You are assuming everyone that votes will vote no. Too many higher seniority members just look at the raises and pension and health care. They don't care about the new employees starting wage or length of progression. I got mine is their motto and will not risk it over a strike to help new employees.

You are assuming everyone that votes will vote no. Too many higher seniority members just look at the raises and pension and health care. They don't care about the new employees starting wage or length of progression. I got mine is their motto and will not risk it over a strike to help new employees.
But if the old timers get theirs, eventually the greenhorns will get theirs. Most greenhorns only care about their wage. Have no clue about pension, health, dental, retirement health care, etc. during 2018, we heard part timers didn’t like raising the starting wage because they would make the same as a new hire.

Whereistheunion

I hope UPS offers a buy out to all topped-out employees in an effort to remain competitive against companies like Amazon. I would gladly take $250,000 before taxes and move on to a new chapter in life.
Me Too, somethings coming our way a NASTY STRIKE OR A PEACEFUL BUYOUT. ONLY TIME WILL TELL IM PLANNING FOR THE LATTER AND SAVING AS MUCH AS I CAN. LIKE IT OR NOT, SOMETHING IS COMING OUR WAY.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I hope UPS offers a buy out to all topped-out employees in an effort to remain competitive against companies like Amazon. I would gladly take $250,000 before taxes and move on to a new chapter in life.
Uh like 70% of the workforce is topped out. How would that help? This is not Fedex where they can prevent you from topping out

Whereistheunion

Only two things matter to me next contract:
-Automatic 9.5 penalty pay withdrawal
-NO FORCED 6th punches in the master (we can be flexible on how the company wants to achieve this)
That would be GREAT, but it's just wishful thinking. I SEE PAYCUTS FOR NEW HIRES ELIMINATING 22.3 AND POTENTIAL BUYOUTS FOR FULL-TIME TOPPED OUT RCPD DRIVERS. OUR NEW CEO IS ALL ABOUT COST CUTTING. I CAN'T IMAGINE UPS CONTINUING TO PAY OVER 70,000 A YEAR FOR PEOPLE TO MOP AND SWEEP FLOORS WITH BENEFITS, THEY WILL SAY DRIVE OR ELSE. WAIT FOR IT, WAIT FOR IT.